CR England: Told I can't upgrade

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Truckdrivingtrailerpuller, Jun 21, 2018.

1. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    If I have not said it enough I am disabled. I have at least 2 absence seizures a day. Most of the meds I take make me weak and one in particular I have to take ONLY when needed because it really screws me up. I have stood out in an old abandoned dock watching and helping a young driver working out his problems with that alley dock and the 53 foot trailer. In the last case just a few days after being discharged from the VA hospital. I still am as well as others like @Chinatown and @TripleSix interested in helping this guy. I however do not like being lied to. The OP needs to come back drop the aw shucks attitude and admit to the hyperbole and let us help him. Or he can go learn how to flip burgers. I heard Hardies is hiring!

Lab work and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blkcowboy

Blkcowboy Light Load Member

Apr 11, 2018
    As for the poster every incident u made was the trainers fault u should be asking him y didnt he stop u y didnt he g.o.a.l the whole purpose of u beimg with him
    is for him to stop u from making beginner mistakes ive been driving for a bout 2 yrs now and i still dont risk backing into a tight spot ill get out 10 times if i have to or ask someone to spot me ......on the other hand there is always 2 sides to a story i kinda hard to belive your tranner would just let u hit something he get to many incidents of trannies doing that and thats his extra tranning income gone

Bean Jr. and Lab work Thank this.
  4. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Whenever I see someone post on TTR about being in training at CRE, I have my doubts. This person found the absolute worst trucking company and the best truckers forum? It's like meeting and dating the meanest ugliest woman in the world and winning a $15000 diamond ring and an all expense paid honeymoon in Maui.

Every company, even England, has safety protocols in place to prevent students from being taken advantage of by trainers. It's why I mentioned the office contact students are given in orientation.

The people that end up at England got there because they took the path of least resistance. The people who are abused by their trainers got there by the path of least resistance. If someone is so unwilling to put forth effort into investing in themselves and their future, I can't help them. I have no interest in helping them.

And you're right, some of the things that Opie said are too far fetched even for CRE.

Ffx95 Thanks this.
  5. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    See six the primary difference between you and I is your still active. I'm not, it really hurts being put out to pasture before my time. I feel like I have a lot to offer these kids but my body won't cooperate. Maybe one day a cure will be discovered for epilepsy.

6. Ffx95

Ffx95 Road Train Member

May 18, 2017
    Absolutely correct. CRE is a crap hole but even then they have ways to protect yourself. The Qualcomm even has a macro for reporting if someone is making you do something illegal or the sort that doesn’t save into the history of that Qualcomm.

TripleSix Thanks this.
  7. Truckdrivingtrailerpuller

Truckdrivingtrailerpuller Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2018
    Update:
    Got off the truck in SLC, took my safety class. Tomorrow I talk with the safety department.

Clarification:
    Trainer was present during day one collision, there was no prompt to GOAL as he didn't see it either.
    Trainer was asleep during the second accident as he was on his 10 hours.

There is accountability for the trainer he must go through a retraining course because of my accidents.

As to the path of least resistance discussion, absolutely. I was not in a good place beforehand, the SLC dorms were a massive quality of life upgrade.

The future:
    I was warned I may be looking at a six month suspension, there is a homeless shelter here in SLC that helps veterans find temporary work and housing so it should be survivable. Will find out tomorrow.

Edit as for my forum choice I was sent here by a guy who rolled through CRST, Swift, and finally CRE before passing his CDL test. AFAIK he jumped ship after picking up his hardcopy in Albuquerque.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    AfterShock Thanks this.
  8. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    If you are a vet you should be using the Montgomery GI bill to pay for your training. Have you checked into this? It is a easy process.

AfterShock and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  9. Truckdrivingtrailerpuller

Truckdrivingtrailerpuller Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2018
    Already exhausted my post 9/11 on a IT degree from DeVry. Not saying it was a scam but never managed to leverage it into anything beyond the three years room and board it provided.

Network & Communications Management Degree Online & Classroom

AfterShock and Lab work Thank this.
  10. Lab work

Lab work Medium Load Member

Apr 20, 2018
    USA
    Wait a minute. You have a degree in network communication and now you want to drive a truck? Have you been seen by a psychiatrist lately? I think it is time for you to visit Dr. Phill. Do you ever research the job market for networking?

11. HotH2o

HotH2o Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2012
    Bunyan Springs, Colorado
    Just because your trainer won’t pass you doesn’t mean CRE won’t. Hell, they’ll probably even make you a trainer.

DoubleO7 and McCauley Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.