Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Home til early Thursday morning.

stungjoe Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    After a VERY cold morning in Springfield it was off to Meta! That lovely purveyor of dog cornucopia! Where it's all uphill when leaving! If you ever been there you know what I mean. I've been there twice and twice I have stalled out the truck going up that darn hill on 133....don't laugh! :biggrin_25516: OK go ahead have a giggle on me. At 78K it's a 3rd and 4th gear climb. It's just the way these trucks are tuned you can NOT throttle back and expect to regain power once that darn green light comes on. Anyway the trlr wasn't ready so I was late getting away which caused me not to be able to make delivery today. I called and they were shutting down at 1800 and I was at least 1930 to get there. So my appt is an all day drop on Thursday.

I tried to Tcall this load and repower something off the yard but they said no dice (and no freight anyway). I did get a preplan but it would mean VERY near 11 hours of driving (650'sh miles) to make del. Plus it was a live load which is always if'y. I declined it since I didn't feel comfortable I could make on time del.

So I whoa'd up at the Indy terminal and sweet talked the gal at the Ramada to give me the Crete special rate; thirdy fi bux! She gave me a cool large room with king bed and a couch even. So here I sit watching NCIS (rerun...Ziva is in it). Free wi-fi is keeping my data plan on track. I got my instant mash potatoes and some Madras with lintels and red beans. I am set for a Christmas feast!

Merry Christmas to you guys and gals!

dennisroc, xlsdraw and 48Packard Thank this.
  4. stungjoe

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    Sitting in Erie for the night. Got a very light load out of Shelbyville. I was a bit worried when they were forecasting 25+MPH wind gusts off of Lake Erie but all was well. Snow flurries started back in Ohio but didn't amount to much. They say maybe 3-7" of snow overnight but I don't see it happening.

Parking at the cons is always enjoyable since it's nice and quite. Got my oatmeal and some TV channels. :smt039

Stay safe out there!

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  5. stungjoe

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    My posts are being reviewed for spam? Anybody else getting this? No wonder there's been no posts :(

6. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Finally made it home tonight for a 12ish hour break, tcalled my load at New Kingston Monday, went the shop for a marker lightbulb and saw my wiring harness was wore thru, asked them how long to solder it up and they said they had to order a new harness and put it on. 10 minutes later I had it "jerry" rigged and killed my 14 finding an empty, picked up Tuesday and just delivered in Olney, il. I'll grab my load in the morning in Owensboro and head to ga, where I can solder and heat shrink the wires myself.

It's amazing but the younger generation seems alright, I figured with all the games and internet they'd be a mess, but nope they'll be just fine.
    the only people that will see your generator are our mechanics and as underplayed as they are they shouldn't care, you might run into the 1 lead man that thinks he's hot ####, but he ain't.
    i seen Indy got a new gal, I better not here a peep about idle time, which I refuse to even care or check mine, the Indy shop has they're heat set at 72ish and it should be set at 40

7. Ezpass

Ezpass Bobtail Member

Dec 3, 2012
    I got a bit of a treat these last two weeks. Since I volunteered to work over the holidays, they have me running all over the west. The weather has been okay except for some snow in Salt Lake City last week. I delivered my load this morning in Kalispell, Montana, which is near Glacier National Park. The scenery is just beautiful in this part of the country especially with the snow on the mountains. I saw four bald eagles today. Tomorrow, I pick up a load of paper in Lewiston, Idaho bound for Union City, California, which is just across the bay from San Francisco. Just so happens, I have an extra day to do some sight seeing maybe. :biggrin_25519:

8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Out west is nice , great miles, easy work

someone complained about Garfield ?

9. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I've had that happen from time to time...the joys of an automated algorithm in charge of spam filtering. Sometimes the right choice of words can trip it.

stungjoe Thanks this.
  10. stungjoe

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    I got to Plano, IL after lucking out and getting loaded four hours early in Girard, PA! I love the small whs. Got a load going to Assonet, MA 1066 miles but with only two days to do it. Shouldn't be a problem. I might be spending New Years Eve doing a 34 though :(

11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    We'll, Crete has no freight in Georgia got a sleeper load to Lakeland FL for Sunday, glad I didn't accept their 244 mile preplan they offered me earlier, I wasted 2 and a half hours in traffic coming down here, withmy 10 break it was undoAble

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.