Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    Rubbing alcohol will dry out the rubber. Propylene glycol or ethanol is better for this purpose.

With no added alcohol, my fluid did not freeze up in the recent cold snap, so there's that.

I have beam blades, Rain-X Latitudes to be specific, and I didn't ask for reimbursement... when I go into the shop I tell them not to touch the wipers or they owe me $40.

tucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The so called -20 blue washer fluid...isn't good to -20. I had it in the tank when I went thru IN last week, the coldest I saw was in the -teens..and my wonderful Cornbinder's plastic supply line for the washer fluid split because the fluid froze. I ended up buying some 5/16 fuel line and rerouting it along the firewall instead of under the radiator

4. Onadetour

Onadetour Medium Load Member

Feb 3, 2012
    Bay and Creek
    I haven't had trouble with the fluid freezing even in the recent negative temps. Where I seem to have the most trouble is like yesterday's wet snow freezing drizzle before the temp dropped. Ice will start to build on the wiper then the windshield. I do use Rainx but I still find myself looking for a place to pull over and knock the ice off the wipers when others don't .

5. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    I want to work with you guys at CCC

6. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    Well come on then! I know my terminal in Texas turns out two orientation classes a week of new recruits. Last Friday I think there were 5 or 6 drivers checking out trucks.

Mev Thanks this.
  7. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    How many trucks does CCC have in it's fleet ?

8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    i have no ideal, if you have a pulse you should join us

Mev Thanks this.
  9. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    5700 or somewhere around that...including Schaffer and our step cousin Hunt Transportation

Mev Thanks this.
  10. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Must you be perfect to work there ?

i have a clean DAC for nearly 5 yrs + , and I have one ticket that's over a year old.

Other than that I can't really think of any trucking evil on my record.

...do you guys have to chain up ?

11. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I dunno, I'm not a recruiter or want to one, Why don't you apply online or call their recruiter line?
    As far as chaining we don't have to throw chains, although I probably would. Depends what's around me at the time. Now that I have chains on the truck that I hung on the rack in the first week of October in Salt Lake City in the 95 degree heat. They pay more than most otr's but not as much as Poly, but that job is not aggravating enough for me at this time in my life, I need a challenge!!

Mev Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.