Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Everybody wants to work at Poly apparently...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN

Not me, I'm not much of a job seeker, if I were, I'd be in the French Foreign Legion

4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    The easiest way to see if you qualify for Crete is go to the Walmart cosmetic department and buy a compact...open it and attempt to steam up the mirror...if you can do that and you haven't had a preventable accident resulting in a death...you are well on your way to being qualified to work for Crete. If you can only steam up 1/2 the mirror, you would have to ride with a trainer.

tucker and Mev Thank this.
  5. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    This is good to know...I somehow had the impression you had to be close to being the pope or a saint to get on there...I guess I was wrong.

6. Lone Ranger 13

Lone Ranger 13 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Asheville, NC
    Crete has higher stardards than most mega carriers. Unless things have changed drastically in the last couple of years.So, I thought of something nice to say about Crete. I was with them 18 years. Mostly as an independent contractor. I remember having a transmission failure and a differential failure. Both times I had to have a load repowered. I informed dispatch and they took care of the load. I was never charged any money. Some companies charge for repowering a load. Schneider charges $500. And once or twice I had a family emergency and they got me home.And this ends my nice comments for the day. And I need smaller fingers for this phone.

7. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    What a day dealing with load planners today, unreal

8. xlsdraw

xlsdraw Road Train Member

Nov 17, 2010
    Winter Haven, Florida
    Gonna work out the rest of this RDO 21 and move on unless there are any last minute glitches with the new employer I have lined up. Finally gonna get to work for a true long haul company I hope. My FM gave me her blessing. Deland was good to me. Lincoln, not so much.

tucker Thanks this.
  9. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    Good luck to ya! I hope things get better :yes2557:

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  10. stungjoe

stungjoe Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2011
    Yet to be determined.
    First load out after home time; 534 mile same day drop/hook on both ends. Got a preplan; 772 miler live load tomorrow and drops up till 1800 on Sat. Not bad I guess.

I got a message from the Texas Team congratulating me on my awesome 9.79% idling. After Minnesota and the gosh awful weather I figured it would have been higher.

Sitten in Peculiar, MO for the night. Might have me some eggs and ham at Dennys in the morning. Beats those darn protein bars! Next home time will be my 3 month post surgery check-up and blood work. See if I've been doing good taking my vitamins. BTW down over 70 pounds since Oct 23 when I weighed 299. I'm tipping the scales at 226'ish now.

Olympian, xlsdraw and Astoh Thank this.
  11. Olympian

Olympian Medium Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    At the Wilco-Hess in Bishopville, SC for the night, going to deliver at Bridgestone/Firestone in Wilson, NC at 11:00 AM tomorrow morning.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.