Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Your right I got May and Interstate confused

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
  4. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I’m doing great, in my 6 months of daycab driving I lost all the weight I put on in the 11 years I was OTR.
    I’m working on getting a house built. The blueprint guy called me today and said he got the blueprints and material list finished. I can’t wait to meet with him and see how the floor plan turned out. But then it may be too expensive and I may have to build a sod house.

Onadetour and Dna Mach Thank this.
  5. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Forgot to mention Knight/Swift just bought Abilene Motor Express’ 400 trucks. Making them even larger.

Knight-Swift Buys Trucker Abilene Motor Express

A company that says they value experienced drivers but then moves their entire fleet over to automatic transmissions?!? Why?!? Werner has already made the switch to all automatics as Winston told me by phone last year. The fact he knew that tells me there is some conversation between them.

It’s the only explanation that makes sense.

Occam’s Razor - Given all the possible explanations for a situation, the simplest one is usually correct.

6. federal221

federal221 Heavy Load Member

Mar 29, 2010
    new haven,IN
    I wonder if crete and Werner will merge here some time in the next couple years

7. federal221

federal221 Heavy Load Member

Mar 29, 2010
    new haven,IN
    I really hope it’s not the case

Speed_Drums Thanks this.
  8. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    48Packard and Dna Mach Thank this.
  9. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    I read Ostergaard’s statement in that article, and I actually found myself agreeing with him. But then I read this quote from him and everything was back to normal:

As a result, Ostergard said that Crete has refused to lower its driver hiring standards, and in fact, has implemented steps to ensure it gets only the best drivers.

Rugerfan Thanks this.
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Which we now is a bunch of BS.. He has lowered the standards because great used to have very high standards and stringent requirements the drive for them now as long as you got a pulse and breathing you can drive for them...

jethro712, 48Packard and Dna Mach Thank this.
  11. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    They have to lower the standards. OTR is a s•••ty life and with the ever increasing restraints negatively impacting already low pay, it’s actually amazing ANYONE would want to drive OTR.

I had a great time out there but I never did OTR with ELOGS. Just came to work, performed a job, and went home. I run the same route each week and come home empty so the ELOG is doable but would still be nice to be on paper sometimes.

drvrtech77 and 48Packard Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.