Crete Carrier - A Year In Review - Fall 2013 Going Forward

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by The_Irishman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    Yea. Ltl would be nice but from what I've seen most are not gonna hire someone with a record and i don't think i could get my wife to pull doubles. I've been driving over 20 yrs and I'd be willing to run doubles but b4 now I've always said i wouldn't want nothin to do with doubles or triples. My personal opinion is doubles an triples are about the unsafest idea of trailer trucking I've ever seen but i guess it's all in how ya handle them. Most of the double haulers I've seen have seemed to be driving like complete morons about 80 percent of the ones ive noticed at any rate.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
    Full medical, dental and vision..for me and wife both...around $110 per week total for all..can't remember the deductible

Farmerbob1 and Professor No-Name Thank this.
  4. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    Medical coverage is decent. Not sure of family cost, single is a little over $100/ month. I've never had an issue with home time, but can depend on where you live I'm sure. I'm guessing teams have no issues getting 5500-6000 miles/ week, as I average around 2800 as a solo driver.

Professor No-Name Thanks this.
  5. Professor No-Name

Professor No-Name Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2016
    We live in central illinois along major interstate routes. It would probably be a decent freight lane for crete. It is for a lot of companies. Thanks for the info. I'll be a calling an talking more with them around spring or summer.

6. bowlwinkle

bowlwinkle Heavy Load Member

Aug 27, 2008
    Ankeny, IA
    That would definitely be a good area. Give then a call.

7. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
  8. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    I can. "You're Fired." At least those would be the words if that truck were mine.

If he is an owner op, well, he can do whatever he wants with the truck, but that's a bit much, and just asking for all sorts of lovely repairs.

((Just to be clear - that's not an owner operator. There are five digits in the tractor number.))

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Reason for edit: clarity
    jethro712 Thanks this.
  9. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    I wish I could help you, but I'm an o/o leasing my truck to Crete. There are some team drivers, but I've never had a serious discussion with any of them, because I have less than zero interest in ever teaming.

10. iraqralph43

iraqralph43 Road Train Member

Jan 9, 2012
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.