crete,hunt,schneider..choose one

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Steel Dragon, May 2, 2016.

best pay and equiptment

1. Crete

13 vote(s)
    68.4%
  2. JB Hunt

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  3. Schneider

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    i know crete does some walmart reefer dedicated thats prob ok, i did it with jb and it was ok, jb was the problem to me tho not the actual job i was doing

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    Your neighbors must like broccoli

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  4. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    I vote for CR England lease and training (teaming) two students at a time ;)

Dave_in_AZ Thanks this.
  5. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    or Slime.

6. Bro_Dave

Bro_Dave Medium Load Member

Nov 5, 2013
    I picked up at General Mills in Social Circle GA and saw a lot of Crete's in there so that is one of their big customers

xlsdraw Thanks this.
  7. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Your boys at Punkin are talking about that.

Chris_in_CT Thanks this.
  8. Jovanotti

Jovanotti Bobtail Member

May 1, 2019
    Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania
    Well I just resigned today from JB HUNT after trying them out for 76 days and, I will never return to JB Hunt. They performed the bait, and switch on myself for starters. The recruiter promised me home on the weekends, and it never did happen. The biggest thing that caused my departure, was this real stupid ignorant policy about if you go to a regular doctors appointment or check up, you have to get re-certified to get back into A truck. Even if there’s nothing wrong with you, and you’re just going for a simple check up to your general practitioner, you still need a release to go back to work. In other words, JB Hunt wants to know every nook and cranny about your body, your medication, so on, and so forth. To me, That just sounds like that JB Hunt is dancing on the line about that HIPPA Law. I guess one would assume that they have a right to their privacy. That’s not the case with JB Hunt. Now I understand what some of you were thinking, this is just a safety precaution, or JB Hunt wants to make sure that you’re not on any medication such as A schedule 2 narcotic, or anything of the sort. I totally agree, nobody should be out there driving on any painkillers or anything of that nature, and this is why they claim to perform these recertification‘s with DOT, and within the company. I suggested rather than jumping through all these hoops getting a recertification over a simple doctors check up, just do a drug test after someone has gone to the doctor, or just perform a drug test monthly whatever the case is , JB Hunt does not need to know every little single thing about my body if it’s good enough for the DOT it should be good enough for JB Hunt. What I find most amusing of all, I did not have to tell my manager that I was going to the doctor, I could’ve just told her I needed the day off, and no one would’ve known anything, and I could’ve bypassed all this ########. That’s why it does not really make any sense. What’s ironic, or if this is ironic I’m not sure, the person who came to retrieve the truck after my resignation, was complaining because she was out for two weeks getting a recertification just because she went to a simple doctors appointment, as I said before if she would’ve just taken the day off, and not mentioned a doctors appointment, and went to a doctor in her own privacy, she probably would not of lost two weeks of pay. Folks, this is all true. This stupid policy is taking place as I write this. Now this will probably make some of you question if you should go forward working for this stupid company. I hope this reaches a lot of you, and help you decide whether or not to work for JB Hunt. I went back to my previous employer with gratitude, somethings are not greener on the other side.

Chinatown Thanks this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Never give information like that. No ones business if you go to the dentist, doctor, opthalmologist, etc.

Jovanotti and Bluedew Thank this.
  10. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    all 3 are bottom feeders, so I won't work for any of those

Jovanotti Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.