Crete/Shaffer‼️

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by the white knight, Nov 22, 2018.

1. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    What average length of haul? Do you run all 48 or do you get stuck in the eastern loop a lot with a bunch of short runs? I heard this happens with Crete but no so much with schaffer?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    In your first month or two, until you pass your new driver review, you will work for a special asset manager. Their job is to make sure you can drive professionally.

Expect to spend a lot of time in the NE during that time, though I doubt they will send you into NYC. I think they have locals for all NYC loads. The NE is the most difficult section of the country to drive in. If you can perform in that part of the country for a month to six weeks or so without screwing the pooch, you will be moved to a permanent asset manager, and start getting longer loads and cross country loads every now and then.

Speed_Drums and smokey12 Thank this.
  4. lovetwodrive

lovetwodrive Bobtail Member

Nov 29, 2017
    Melbourne Beach, FL
    My average length of haul is right about 890; I have been with Shaffer a bit and as Farmerbob1 stated, it will take a while to prove your abilities. Don't ##### and never be late and you will move forward. Even in your first 60 days, you will still get good loads; Shaffer wants you to hang around. I run National out of Florida and virtually never get sent up to the NE. Been in Maine twice and NH one time. No NYC, NJ or Conn so there is no way to determine where you go. I have been to/through 45 states in the last 6 months so yeah, we run the whole system. Our lanes are stronger in some areas then others so you won't see the NW much.

smokey12 Thanks this.
  5. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Thanks a lot for this info..Hard for me to decide. I really dont want to get stuck with a bunch of short runs. I have talked to several of your Crete drivers that seemed happy. One of them recently told me to go with Schaffer since the runs are longer. I go crazy on the east coast when I get stuck in that loop, hate it. I can deal with proving myself for a month or so but I am not a rookie...I have done plenty of NW winter driving the past few years..never late and no violations at all....

6. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    If you are an experienced driver and know the NE, then you can probably get through the initial period of driving for the new hire asset manager in about three or four weeks, I got my review and permanent asset manager in less than a month.

Chris_in_CT and smokey12 Thank this.
  7. Chris_in_CT

Chris_in_CT Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2019
    Connecticut
    That’s my plan. I grew up in Pa and have lived in New England for the last 21 years, my entire adulthood! I’m looking to get on the Shaffer NE Regional.

8. Uncle Remus

Uncle Remus Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Do they hair follicle tests at crete?

tucker Thanks this.
  9. Farmerbob1

Jan 17, 2017
    I no longer feel confident saying yes or no. It's been more than 2 years since I went through the Crete hiring process. Any new hires want to comment?

10. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Do they still test/fail all applicants and sell them Crete Logo Sleep Apnea machines?

11. Uncle Remus

Uncle Remus Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2019
    Thanks, I'm compiling a list of company's that don't do hair testing for drivers that live in weed friendly states.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.