Crete/Shaffer‼️

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by the white knight, Nov 22, 2018.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    If there is a reefer load that needs covered, and you're the only option...they'll put you on it regardless of you being Crete. It doesn't happen often, but it will happen. In my 10 yrs there I pulled 5 or 6 Shaffer loads. The myth that most reefer loads typically deliver in the wee hours is just that, a myth...some do, many don't. Years ago that might have been the case, but with the JIT world of trucking now, it's really no different than dry van appointments

Metallica88 and drvrtech77 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wicked Wizard

Wicked Wizard Heavy Load Member

Jul 15, 2008
    Northeast PA
    I don't believe that is true. I remember signing a document stating that I would receive .01 cpm to pull a reefer. The girl told me not to sign it if I didn't want to pull them. That probably wouldn't stop dispatch from trying to get you to pull one but legally would help you if you did.

4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    That's why many Crete drivers resist and complain about pulling the occasional Shaffer load, as a Crete I didn't make the extra penny...but if given a choice of sit or pull a reefer and keep moving...I would pull the reefer. They may have changed the "forced" part of pulling one, when I was there it wasn't an option without a fight.

5. the white knight

the white knight Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2017
    I do... well sorta of. I have a storage unit. I make the best of it.
    Today... a nice shower, a real laundromat and the beach. And I’m happy as a peach!

6. Metallica88

Metallica88 Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2017
    I heard Schaffer has a lot of drop n hooks for a reefer outfit.

7. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    Excuse me, they did squeeze in a 198 mile run on me. Drop on both ends. New policy states, under 200 miles they give you 65.00.

Upinsmoke, 28 and Metallica88 Thank this.
  8. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    65.00 plus the 198, to clarify.

9. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    That's what is important, you're happy and enjoying your life.

Money isn't everything, I quit a 100k/year job cuz I hated sleeping/living in the truck 5 days a week. I gladly took a 30k pay cut to drive 5 miles back and forth to work, weekends off and home after my 9-10hour work day.

Everyone is different, gotta do what makes you happy, and works best for you. Life is to short to be a miserable SOB

28, motocross25, Metallica88 and 2 others Thank this.
  10. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    100K and only sleeping in the truck 5 days a week... that would be a vacation to me.
    I still think I’m on vacation here at Crete even tho I’m banging out 2900-3375 miles a week.
    I’ll wait till a full blown recession before I stop. Then the Tacoma comes out and I rent a lil place on the beach and relax.
    And don’t be fooled everyone, it’s coming!

11. the white knight

Mar 23, 2017
    75% of the population doesn’t have 1000.00 to their name. That’s a credit bubble and sad.
    So when you see these shiny cars driving passed ya, it’s all paper. One false move and the repo man starts lerking in the shadows.

jbird05031126 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.