Crete/Shaffer Trucking

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by bewildered, Feb 18, 2009.

1. 074344

074344 Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2007
    Los Angeles, ca
    Good luck bduke. Keep waiting but don't hold your breath.

Drive safe

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Last time I checked, you don't spec a truck right down to the injectors... It depends on which engine you had, but Detroit had problems with their 12.7's in the injector, injector wiring, and EGR system. That's why they went to 14.1 and did away(or doing away) with the 12.7. But the other parts of the truck are cheaper.... They did have to start buying Eaton trans' again, since Meritor stopped making full manuals. I know several drivers that bought used Crete's and have very few major problems. You must have been like me and been given the problem trucks that they had to keep taking drivers out of, sending to the shop, then stick someone else in it to see if the fix did the trick. My current unit, I've had since 12/07 has only had a hood tilt sensor, and normal service, oh, and the window felt on the drivers window keeps sliding down so I have to pull it out and slide it up every couple months. It has been the best unit they have ever assigned me to. Knock on wood.

dawnio Thanks this.
  4. Kabar

Kabar Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Pell City Al
    That could be SSB. All I know is that between the trucks and tha fact that in 6 mos they never once got me home on time. I said stick it and moved on to better things.

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    That is one thing they need to improve. But usually I'm not picky about the exact date of home time. Since I live in FL, I haven't found a 48 state carrier that was what I call great at getting you home on time.

6. jeffsanders1971

jeffsanders1971 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2009
    Gallipolis Ferry WV

What expextations are you speaking of?
    I am a long term driver(14 years), and I am doing fine, thanks

dawnio Thanks this.
  7. jeffsanders1971

jeffsanders1971 Bobtail Member

May 24, 2009
    Gallipolis Ferry WV

Did your cpm get cut when fuel was $5 per gallon? The answer is no, so why would you expect a raise since the price of fuel went down.

But I would like to go 65 again, and the fuel savings for us going 62 should be alot, hopefully that will reflect in my profit sharing account someday.

dawnio Thanks this.
  8. rabbittracks

rabbittracks Bobtail Member

May 4, 2009
    New Windsor, IL
    Seems to be a lot coming up about Crete now. I'm sure most of the companies are having headaches too. Now they are telling their drivers that they "Are forced load company." Seems that they should stated that when they decided to change. Also, now they offer loads without the miles, or destination. It so you can't turn down a load but how do you figure your hours along with everything else. You now get the destination once you get to the shipper. I had a lot of respect for the company but have none now. I think that a lot of drivers will jump ship again just like they did when they pulled the pet policy. I don't agree with the pet policy but the manner in which it was done apparently wasn't handled right. There is pressure on everyone and I don't think that it is any one thing. From the one running the company, on down, needs to rethink the whole business with the economy in the state that it is in. I hope all of the companies can keep their heads above water but I know it isn't possible. I even wish the best to Crete and their drivers. There is good and bad within all companies as everyone can see from the posts.

Rabbit Tracks.

9. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Where did we hear this? I have been at Crete almost 6 years...and as of yesterdays offer, I had mileage's listed on my offer. At least loaded miles, they have never sent me offers with empty miles shown. It also had the pickup and delivery cities there as well. And the only forced dispatch they have here is, when freight is this short, you take what they offer (as long as you have the hours) because it might be a while before you see another offer - at least in some areas...some places freight has really picked up. So much in fact, they are using the big 'O' to describe it...I mean overbooked that is - a word many of us haven't heard in a while.(Crete or otherwise)

dawnio Thanks this.
  10. Stretch2006

Stretch2006 Bobtail Member

According to there website they claim they are debt free... Is that true? I didn't know a company could be debt free in this economy?

11. otrtruckerscott

otrtruckerscott Light Load Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Campo, CA
    I do know that they write checks when they buy equipment, no leases, no financing. Most of their terminals are owned lock, stock and barrel. They're building a new terminal west of Knoxville and not financing it. They do have a couple leases on smaller terminals/drop lots. As far as I can tell, they are doing it Dave Ramsey style.

dawnio Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.