CRST called asking if I was interested in driving

Discussion in 'CRST' started by 51.50, Sep 15, 2017.

1. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Bailey

2. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    I was parked next to a
    Crash an Roll Stunt Truck. It was a really guy non bs# er , he was telling me about the problems his had with co/ drivers.
    The last guy couldn't stay awake during his shift come to find out the guy was on so many meds , bout the size of a large zip lock freezer bag.
    When he questioned his dispatcher about it and why had he not disclosed this fact his dispatchers response was ' I Don't have to"
    Gee thanks for not telling me my new co/ driver bla bla bla.
    Lmao!
    Yeah I think it's great idea to go to a company that your required to team up with a stranger that probably won't have any more experience than you driving an 32k to 80k WMD.
    Yep literally putting your life in a strangers hands.

Rollr4872, RedBeardedT and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  3. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Somewhere on here are my archived tales of being a CRST trainer, and my adventures at CRST.

Rambo don't do it!!!!

If you are interested in breaking into the trade, get into a Union shop or go to Schneider, or better yet go into the armed forces for 4 years.

4. Bay1099

Bay1099 Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2017
    My wife and I started with CRST. We're both prior military so starting pay was much higher. We had no real problems with the company, but night and weekend dispatchers suck. I would only do CRST as a husband/wife team.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  5. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    That’s what I like about where I am now. Nights and weekends are handled as emergency only and they have a guy who handles it from home. So basically during those times I’m left alone but there’s someone to get a hold of if the #### hits the fan during after hours.

At past companies I worked (Schneider, trans am, VW) where they had a full Dispatch Staff 24/7 I didn’t get a moments peace. I was getting woke up in the middle of rest breaks or during my home time, and the after hours people at those places were the worst to deal with.

6. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    I had the same issues with Schneider when I was leased to them. Weekend dispatch calling me at home to scan BOL for a load that I didn't haul. Took 3 hrs to convince him he called the wrong guy.

7. Jagsfan

Jagsfan Bobtail Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Panama City, Fl
    Almost all trucking companies has negative things. Can say as solo I had weeks where I only got 1700 miles so that is negative about being solo and at the end of the day it is about $$$

8. BrownEyedGirI

BrownEyedGirI Bobtail Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Cincinnati
    CRST treats all their drivers like they're new to the industry.

Their pay sucks- both the pay scale and the almost non-existent accessorial pay. Stuck with no load? Truck in the shop? No pay for the first 48 hours, $40 a day after that. Stuck at a shipper for 8 hours waiting to get loaded/unloaded? $0! Did you have to go to ten different places to try and find an empty? Mileage + $0! Some of their dedicated accounts have drivers waiting on standby if they need an extra load to go out, they pay CRST to do this and guess what they pass on to you? $0!

9. nightgunner

nightgunner Road Train Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Cedar Rapids, IA
    And as long as people are willing to work for free they have no reason to change.
    They also tell you about that when you talk to recruiting.

10. steelcitytrucka

steelcitytrucka Light Load Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Is this a joke? However they have a dedicated flatbed position hauling steel near me that I might jump on. Guaranteed pay and home every weekend

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.