CRST is a SCAM and new cameras

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by G4u333, Jun 10, 2022.

1. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    I once had the CEO of a company (not related to truck driving, pre driving years) that I worked for when they were considering installing cameras in every section of the workplace say…. “If you watch ANY employee 24/7 you’ll always find reasons they can or must be fired.”

This is the problem I have with this whole philosophy of driver cameras. The policies are not equally applied. If you have a good old driver has been with the company for years who has a few unsafe bad habits but he’s never had a mishap, gets along with the office people, he probably gets a pass. If you got somebody who maybe argues with his DM, ruffled a few feathers standing up for himself, well heck we can just fire up the old camera catch them doing a few things wrong and get rid of him.

you are kidding yourself if you don’t think politics play into these policies. You are kidding yourself if you think what’s seen on the camera is equally applied to all drivers. It’s a way out for companies, a way to pass the buck of blame. Period!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    OP must’ve heard about the “gold rush” at CRST.;)
    Instead it seems like the drivers are getting a “golden shower” from the safety department!!:eek:

Last edited: Jun 11, 2022
    Reason for edit: Additional humor/sarcasm
  4. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Just because the arm was bent doesn't mean the glass was broken. A mirror is still a mirror .......

5. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    Lol you have enough cash to buy a truck and retire, yet you're still driving for CRST

kuzima93, Coffey, TheLoadOut and 3 others Thank this.
  6. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Anyone else find that a little odd?

7. TeuckerTruckerTuckTuk

TeuckerTruckerTuckTuk Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2022
    Please tell me you are not a trucker! This is why many people consider truck drivers not the sharpest tool in the shed. When did I say I drive for CRST?

8. TeuckerTruckerTuckTuk

TeuckerTruckerTuckTuk Bobtail Member

Jun 11, 2022
    The light is on but nobody is home lol. Come on Mcfly wake up!

9. mjd4277

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    This coming from the new guy who can’t get his point across without having to resort to insults.o_O

kuzima93, Coffey, TheLoadOut and 3 others Thank this.
  10. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yes believe it or not camera's are there for your benefit as some 4 wheeler pulls in front of you and hits the brakes you've got them on camera. For the last 4 years i've driven trucks with camera's and on many occasions its proven to be a bonus when there's an incident. Sure it'll catch you out if your talking on the phone well whooptie doo I find the only drivers opposed to camera's are those that want to break all the rules and not get caught.

11. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    After the law is passed to make all trucks run 60mph cameras are next.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.