Crude oil is $86 today.... beginning of the end?

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by kogaFX, Oct 9, 2014.

1. bullhaulerswife

bullhaulerswife Forum Leader/Admin Staff Member Administrator

Jul 23, 2007
    Midwest
    Lets keep the bickering out of this thread please.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gogogo

gogogo Bobtail Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Lower oil prices are good for most. But not oilfield workers. And this section of the forum is dedicated to oilfield workers. If our American producers can withstand the Saudis and OPEC's price war, we will come out on top. Many of us oilfield workers move around the country, uproot our families to live in less than desirable places, all to make good money. But we work #### hard and long hours to get it. This isn't over the road trucking. Many over the road guys I saw left pretty quick. This is the most dangerous driving you can do. In ND at least.

My work days were a minimum of 12 hours or as long as 20. Yah you cant drive after 14 hours but you can still do service work wherever you are that day.

unloader and RocketmAAn Thank this.
  4. bobthesailor

bobthesailor Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2013
    Huntington,Tx
    Cutting production will kick us in the groin,those of us in oil production driving vaccum trucks anyway.

5. teqntexas

teqntexas Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Ft. Worth Tx.
    cplmac2 Thanks this.
  6. TLeaHeart

TLeaHeart Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2008
    casper, wy
    Those Economist have it correct for the short term, and that is what they all care about, the short term. Short term, yes it will benefit many, and hurt a few, but that benefit disappears after just a few months, when we start depending on IMPORTED oil again, and the price discounts disappear, then the Royal Family raises the prices, to get their profit back, and so many companies went bankrupt, that it takes years for the local OIL economy to recover. And history has shown this to be true, every time.

Look at the causes of the recessions, they are all linked to OIL price increases. But look back to the period before the oil price increases used to blame the recession on, and the oil prices were already that high years before, then a crash in the oil prices happened, everyone celebrates, and then EVERYONE pays the prices, as the true price of oil returns. That is the long term boom bust cycle of oil, that is manipulated by the Royal Family, and the US Government.

7. cplmac2

cplmac2 Heavy Load Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Watford City, ND
    If Bakken oil is selling at the wellhead $30 below WTI, falling oil prices are going to hit here really hard. According to that Bloomberg article it's almost entirely transportation costs. Pipeline capacity is essentially 50% of current production levels, that has to change or we are going to be at a perpetual disadvantage. Now if they build those refineries in ND that I've been hearing about the oil here will be solid as a rock.

8. RocketmAAn

RocketmAAn Bobtail Member

I wonder if I can sell seats in my Durango, I'm going all the way to Seattle.[/QUOTE]

Start working Craigs List and don't forget to post or look for riders along the way.

Probably prohibited by company policy, but I should have thought of looking for a rider whenever I was deadheading back from somewhere in my own van. Not a realistic alternative, but I always daydreamed about convincing a flatbed truck to haul my van in the general direction of home on a return trip from somewhere, so I could just kick back. I thought a chunk of the money I saved would be a decent incentive for someone to take me up on it. Probably need my own ramps unless I lucked on one of those hydraulic numbers that haul cranes and such.

9. kogaFX

kogaFX Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2013
    Frozen Lease Road, ND
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.