Cruise Control: push and release the brake pedal. Why?

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by possumposs, Mar 27, 2017.

1. LoudOne

LoudOne Medium Load Member

I've had 7 go. Not flats explosions. 2 with 4 trailers behind me that we're fully loaded. I scaled at 235T. When it takes nearly 3/4 of a mile to stop from 55 mph (you can't use breaks) I was lucky there was nothing around both times.

As for the others one of them ended with the truck in a ditch on the side of the road. That was the closest I'd been to going over and never want to experience it again. If I had of been using cruise control I probably would've been dead. Because first reaction would be to hit the brakes. Buries the nose in and pulls you to that side.

I never understood why people like my step father and Grandfather always taught me not to use it... that's when I found out... For the record road trains it's illegal to have cruise control. In my truck I had the switch changed to activate my second drive shaft so I could get moving. Switched it back off once in high 3rd (Tri drive)

Crude Truckin', not4hire and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    My 2010 KW does the same thing-- sometimes. To fix it, depress the foot brake or pull down on the trolley brake one time, clears the sensor problem and can use cruise at that point.

My guess is the sensor never recorded or sensed that the brakes were set at the last stop/startup and will not let it go into cruise because it believes you're not even driving or something.

4. Hemidog73

Hemidog73 Bobtail Member

Jun 7, 2021
    The
    Horrible response.

God prefers Diesels and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  5. God prefers Diesels

God prefers Diesels Road Train Member

Jun 26, 2020
    South Texas
    I was in stop and go traffic yesterday averaging about 8mph in 5th gear. Not gonna lie, I tried to activate my cruise, and I was pretty disappointed when it didn't take.

God, I'm a monster.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.