Cryo companies after all the mergers...who's good to work for?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by speedyk, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    NEWS FLASH****
    New banner went up.
    Apparently our average wage is now 100K.
    20210824_084833.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    viper822004 and scythe08 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Excellent info in here. I filled out a quick app a few weeks ago with Linde and got an email back today. I had kind of put it on the back burner due to the fact that I clicked, more like punched, the “no” on would you be willing to team drive. Real simple email asking for a resume or a quick summary of my experience.

Currently in my eighth year of pulling tanks for a great company but our new fleet of Peterbilt’s are breaking down daily and I’m done slip seating sleeper trucks. We’re assigned a truck until it breaks. Five days worth of gear is more than I want to mess with every week.

I’d be out of Garland and it’s an 18 mile drive one way. Perfectly doable commute and I’m tired of just being home on the weekends. Looking forward to finding out more about cryo. I’ve picked up a lot of info right here.

Dennixx Thanks this.
  4. Cruztrkr18

Cruztrkr18 Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2018
    Ok so I asked about Mims FL, do you know if Deer Park TX is a union barn? Thanks in advance!

viper822004 Thanks this.
  5. Dennixx

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I believe both Dallas and Houston are union shops but not certain.

Cruztrkr18 Thanks this.
  6. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Had a phone pre screen interview today with Linde which went very well. Only downside is some very undesirable work hours. Two choices of a 0400 or 1400 start time with time off on weekdays, Tuesday and Wednesday or Thursday and Friday. But they are set shifts and shouldn’t last forever. I’m going to discuss with the better half and make a decision this week.

scythe08, Rugerfan and Dennixx Thank this.
  7. FFL Trucker

FFL Trucker Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Good luck, I'm currently waiting to get hired by air products. Process takes forever, 6 months now of back and forth. Same thing with air gas when be I tried to get with them and finally got tired of getting nowhere.

Dennixx and Dna Mach Thank this.
  8. Dennixx

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    12 yrs ago I started at 7pm then 5pm. 3rd yr was midnight and 4th year was a tolerable 1pm.
    Currently the top half of seniority and will get a 8am or later and will depend on the days off.

I applied in Feb and started in August.
    Background checks et al

viper822004, GSOK, scythe08 and 2 others Thank this.
  9. OG AppleSauce

OG AppleSauce Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2020
    Sorry, I'm pretty sure you were asked this... But, if you could answer it that would be awesome.
    For someone just starting off in the field.. what would the pay for cpm be.. and hourly, does that only account for driving or driving and loading?

10. Dennixx

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    This is our rate currently.
    Raise coming next year.
    You'd get same pay as a grizzled veteran. Everyone gets paid the same and benefits are from day one at least here at our plant.
    Pay is zone i.e. if under 75 miles from plant it's all hourly, currently $33.30 with ot after 10.
    If it's over 75 miles out it's .62 per mile and all on duty is hourly rate w some stipulations such as a road run to start the day and then a local run would be mileage on first trip and then hourly w ot after returning.
    If it's reversed it is all hourly.
    Will do 3 or 4 layovers each month at a motel and get $42 for food

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    scott180 Thanks this.
  11. OG AppleSauce

OG AppleSauce Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2020
    Thanks for quick response!

Based on where your from...I see it could probably differ from Linde in Garland, Texas?
    Apparently, they have me post or awaiting a manager response for doing Argon, Liquid ox and Nitro(I'm sure they have more jobs).. I assume that pay rate doesn't change?

And based on your experience and the changes that happened... Would you still recommend it?

Dennixx Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.