Cryo companies after all the mergers...who's good to work for?

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by speedyk, Mar 12, 2019.

1. scott180

scott180 Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    Talked to a recruiter today for linde and he wants to setup an interview with the highering manager.
    They only have team runs available.
    They provide the teammate.
    Out five and home two.
    Likely mid-week days off.
    Union shop.
    Location- Magna on the 201
    $95k - $115k
    Any advice.
    What do y'all think?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    scythe08 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scott180

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
  4. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia

Here's what I posted in another thread about team driving:

|Quote| Team driving is worth it ONLY if your teammate is a member of the opposite sex, is extremely attractive--and you both are more than "just friends". ;):):D |EndQuote|

Having said that--to each, his/her own.

If you, on the other hand, can find someone that you can stand being with, in those conditions, for that length of time--then go for it.
    If you can sleep....and sleep well....in a moving truck....and trust the other person's driving to that extent--then go for it.

ALSO: Are you "AMAZING"??? The ad you posted calls for people that are "AMAZING". :p

--Lual

scott180 Thanks this.
  5. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Doesn’t sound bad at all IF teaming doesn’t phase you. The money in Cryo is darn good! I only passed on them because of the schedule, 0200 start time with Mondays and Tuesdays off.

They are big on safety and driver facing cameras are a reality with them. I was okay with it in a daycab never really thought about it in a sleeper. I don’t think I could go for that.

I went around and around with myself before turning it down. The recruiter I spoke with was top notch and told me to give them a call in the future if I decided otherwise. Really came off as a great company.

scythe08 and scott180 Thank this.
  6. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I did it for a year back in 2011.
    It was OK.
    At that time we had forced bids so me and another jr guy took it to keep both safe from anothe dude between us. Out at midnight Sunday and back Friday morning to early afternoon.
    I did first shift and we did 10 hour turns.

We basically did the Dakotas and had to swap trailers frequently which is a pia.
    You probably have longer trips out west doing mines and such so maybe not as many loads/stops.
    You may be able to transition to a home daily bid once it opens up.

scott180 Thanks this.
  7. scott180

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    This is what I'm hoping for. Do some time in a position I don't want to get the one I do want.
    The idea of teaming isn't an appealing one but if that's what it takes to get going I might just do it.

I know that asking for people to put you down as a referral to get a bonus is not allowed on TTR and for good reason. But I don't think offering to put someone down who didn't solicit it is against the rules(Mod's can we get a ruling:D). Anyways @Dennixx you've been great with information and if it isn't against the rules shoot me your info and I'll put you down.

8. scott180

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    What did you end up doing? And does it pay as much? I am open to other options. Just looking for a long term career.

9. scott180

Dec 10, 2012
    Tooele, UT
    What? I'm amazing...My momma told me I was.

RockinChair and lual Thank this.
  10. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    I pull tanks, lubricants and some food grade nothing nasty or combustible. I’ve been with this company for 12 years and it’s just to hard to give up. Pays well but not Linde money. It’s very flexible hours and days.

scythe08 and scott180 Thank this.
  11. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    Since it IS in the posted job ad--be prepared in the interviewing to explain in detail just exactly how in fact you are "AMAZING". :);):D

On a somewhat more serious note--based on what I've seen from some of your other posts--I do sincerely hope you get this one, and that it works out well for you (especially the teaming part).

Do keep us posted on your progress with this--ok? :thumbup:

--Lual

scott180 and Dennixx Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.