Current Drivers - USA Truck

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by Joker24, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Ridinwithpride

Ridinwithpride Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Goose Creek SC
    What's the verdict Goodchoice10? Did anyone at USA contact /try to help you out?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. goodchoice10

goodchoice10 Heavy Load Member

Aug 31, 2010
    The Buckeye
    they did and Kim is wonderful.

sometimes it just is not enough, its hard to earn a living at 1800 miles a week at .30/mile.

4. dtsc

dtsc Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    I know they treat company drivers pretty bad. I'm yet to read about owner operator experience except for one who makes $1000 a week. That is terrible for someone taking the o/o risk. O/Os need to make 2k plus weekly or the end will be very near and one breakdown away.

How is USA Truck for owner ops???

5. Green Machine

Green Machine Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Ohio
    I've talked to about a dozen or so O/O's that are leased onto USA during my year there. 85% of them are happy with working there. There was one O/O I was talking to while I was waiting for my ride when I dropped off my truck, he was about to quit as his fleet manager wasn't keeping him running and was barely pushing to break even. So what I found out is if you have a big truck payment, don't lease onto USA, if you don't have a big truck payment you can do fairly well for the most part.

6. dtsc

dtsc Bobtail Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Thank you very much for a straight answer. So many times these forums get off track and never point blank answer much.

I haven't heard much bad about o/o with USA. I know they have 3 FMs for o/o with each having about 50 drivers. Anyone knowing more about USA o/o please share your thoughts...

7. goodchoice10

goodchoice10 Heavy Load Member

Aug 31, 2010
    The Buckeye
    lookin local, i have custody of my kids and am a single dad

8. Green Machine

Green Machine Medium Load Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Ohio
    You need to live in my area of Ohio instead of your area if you want local lol. I think there's much more opportunities in this area then over in the "flat lands" of Ohio.

9. Ridinwithpride

Ridinwithpride Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Goose Creek SC
    I'm afraid to ask but what would you like to know?

10. Georgia Peach

Georgia Peach Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2011
    Ohio
    I'm trying to chalk my negative experience up to having a bad trainer. I went out with a trainer for almost 3 weeks before I had a family emergency and had to go home. During the 3 weeks, my trainer showed me absolutely nothing. I take that back, I learned how to text and talk on the phone while driving and swerve the truck in and out of lanes while doing so. I also learned how to ride 2 inches from the bumper of the vehicle in front of us. Oh yeah, and my personal favorite, how to fraudulently complete your log books. Too bad I didn't learn anything that could actually benefit me on the job.

My only hope is that, since I only have 11 days of training left, the next trainer I get is better. I'm trying to reserve my final verdict until then. But since there are over 30 people currently waiting for a trainer, I don't know how long I am willing to wait for one since this time around I'm not receiving waiting pay (my own fault, I know).

11. WRIGHTRACING

WRIGHTRACING Heavy Load Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Iuka MS/Muscle Shoals AL
    How is this one not beneficial to you...just saying:smt102

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.