DAC Report Question

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by jterry1556, Nov 28, 2023.

1. jterry1556

jterry1556 Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2022
    So I had an extremely bad experience with my first trucking company. I gave notice and resigned from the company and did everything right even though I wanted to just leave the truck and go.

They put I resigned/quit on my DAC report which I did but put I am not eligible for rehire (which is totally fine with me) and then in work record they put “Other”. What does that mean? I worked there as long as I could for 8 months and want to make sure they didn’t screw me over as they have a reputation of doing. Never had an accident or incident and never failed a drug test. Anyone know what this means and if so will it hurt me in the future?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Shouldn’t be an issue if that’s all. Just means they won’t hire you back. Also I have seen people put on no rehire that got hired back.

wis bang Thanks this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    You can contest anything on that report if you thing something is wrong. And DAC will have to investigate. You should at least get an explanation of what "other" exactly means. if the company doesn't respond to their investigation, it should be removed from your report.

5. jterry1556

jterry1556 Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2022
    Any idea what Work Record: Other means? I was never late and never had a service failure.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  6. Thrasher28

Thrasher28 Road Train Member

Aug 12, 2021
    Bowling Green, KY
    As long as they don't put anything crazy like termination or false allegations, youre fine. Most companies are cordial and put satisfactory work and upon review under rehire for anything other than termination, but not always. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

silverspur Thanks this.
  7. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    Quit being scared of DAC. The companies that use it are the ones you don’t want to work for.

8. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Sorry, we cannot read the mind of the company. Maybe ask the company what it means.

ZVar Thanks this.
  9. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    DAC pays [credit against the monthly invoice] them to submit 'Termiantion Reports' and each category has limited responses to be checked off with some having the final check off of 'other' but no method to explain 'other' though there is another checkbox 'personal contact requested'.

It is all designed to keep Hirerite and their customers from problems under the fair credit reporting act.

All they really want are the dates of employment and separation reason to build into their database.

When a Hirerite customer submits a potential applicant they get back any results in the database.

Like so many other databases, it IS only as accurate as the items input into the database and it is not a complete report as it ONLY contains the material gathered and NOT everything about the individual.

Don't sweat it.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    Bud A. Thanks this.
  10. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Any company that uses DAC isn’t a company you want to work for so don’t worry about it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.