Dallas truckstops to avoid

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by ronjeremyjr, May 29, 2020.

1. lsnook24

lsnook24 Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2019

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lsnook24

Nov 19, 2019
    What loads are high risk? ⁹

4. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    You actually just jogged my memory. One of my company’s rigs got stolen from that flying J in Dallas a few years back. Celadon was smart to make that a policy.

5. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    I used to love sleeping at Duke’s before they charged for parking.

6. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Liquor, cigarettes, drugs, small appliances...anything small with a high unit value that can be fenced easily.

7. Cowboyrich

Cowboyrich Road Train Member

Dec 11, 2017
    Dayton, Washington

Well if you got 40k in ammo sitting in that box...wouldn't that be considered high risk? Dont know if they hauled just asking.

8. lsnook24

Nov 19, 2019

9. lsnook24

Nov 19, 2019
  10. WildTiger1990

WildTiger1990 Heavy Load Member

Apr 21, 2015
    I will make it simple for you 20200530_225021.jpg

ronjeremyjr Thanks this.
  11. Gliding ProStar

Gliding ProStar Heavy Load Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Waxahachie, Texas
    I live about 20 minutes south of the Dallas T/A and Flying-J. The T/A armed guards can really be a PITA. The Flying-J is a POS. At the T/A there is a street that separates it from the Freightliner dealer. There is a black guy that walks the street daily and nightly knocking on truck doors and he is carrying a piece of paper that has signatures on it. He knocks on your door and gives you the paper to read that tells you about his situation. He asks for donations and signatures. He appears to be deaf but he actually is not. I walked up on him at the QT at Lancaster Rd. (F.M.342) one day and saw him talking to a lady in a car. He's a scammer.

Last Thursday night he approached my truck before I could even set the effing brakes. I politely told him I knew about his scam and motioned for him to leave me alone as this was probably our 10th interaction over the last 2 years.

Well, as usual for the street next to the T/A I caught a pair of fine, church-going christian gentlemen cutting the 3/8" chain on my spare tire on my trailer. One of them stood up on the steps on the passenger side and it rocked my truck from side to side. Springfield Armory .40 in hand when I pull the curtains back and he is looking me in the face. What was strange and a bit scary was he was not frightened by me or my steel at all. He slowly stepped down of of my truck and walked to the rear of the trailer as I got out of the truck. His buddy had my Michelin spare tire on the roof of a new, black 4-door Honda Accord with no dealer tag/license plate or registration sticker.

Just like the other posts have said it's best to avoid the area period. The T/A in Terrel is a much better place with free parking all of the time. The Love's and Flying-J in Anna are decent as well and the new Loves in Denton is a nice spot too.

Last edited: May 31, 2020
    ronjeremyjr and 650cat425 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.