Damaged 4 inch straps.

Discussion in 'Flatbed Trucking Forum' started by Gentlemanfarmer, May 28, 2012.

1. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Sweet, cheap protection for what you are using them for, I had a major tire distributor I worked with give me used inner tubes and things that were blown. If you ever get to Berkley Springs Wv on 522 south stop by Eddies tires, they do tube tires.

http://www.eddiestire.net/

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Autocar

Autocar Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2012
    The Hot Rod Shop Oxford, AL
    The old tire liners (flaps) that went between the tube and the rim were real good to use, but they are hard to find anymore.

4. Gentlemanfarmer

Gentlemanfarmer Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2010
    Greenville, FL
    I just bought a case of Kinedyne straps for $12.95 each at Utility Trailers. The other brand is less expensive, but Kinedyne seem to be made tougher and are made in the USA.

5. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Yep they are hard to find, if anyone finds a tire shop that does tube tires they have found a flat bed gold mine, have to use protection on some new equipment and those liners are the ticket for that. SHC junk yarding sounds like a plan also.

6. RW.

RW. Heavy Load Member

Jan 18, 2009
    west central IL
    Whenever I have to replace an air bag, I cut it up in sections for strap protectors, and toss the metal ends in the scrap barrel.

SHC Thanks this.
  7. kwswan

kwswan Road Train Member

Jul 26, 2009
    mcminnville,tn.
    Find a tire shop that works on farm tractor tires & you can get some old inner tubes there.

8. MNdriver

MNdriver Road Train Member

Feb 24, 2012

Go talk to some farmers in the area and bet you can find more than you care to admit to.

9. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    at truck pro. they sell orange straps, that cost quite a bit, but is pvc coated. supposed to be very, strong. way better than the yellow type.

10. Semi Crazy

Semi Crazy Road Train Member

May 13, 2011
    Middle Tennessee
    Just walk the roads that lead to a container port. They still run those rag tires and there's plenty of rubber on the road.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.