DBM Logistics/BRS Express

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by NatureGirl22, Nov 13, 2017.

1. NatureGirl22

NatureGirl22 Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2014
    If you are looking for a position in Akron, Ohio, these two are sister companies. They are run by a pair of siblings, and they do not treat their drivers well. They will attempt to get you to run illegal, for starters. The dispatch at DBM has not made herself familiar with the DOT laws, and she will push you to run beyond what you are supposed to. You will be out all week, not return until around ten or eleven o'clock at night on Friday, and you will be expected to leave on Sunday morning. You are not allowed to take toll roads, yet she will send you hundreds of miles out of the way with the truck loaded fairly heavily. She will expect you to split the fuel expense and insurance expense while driving her truck, and she will give you a 10-99 form at tax time. You don't get benefits with this company. If there is a problem, she will not talk to you directly. She will send her father or brother to straighten it out. And, when you leave, she will keep your last check. She will also speak in a foreign language with her relatives right in front of you so you don't know what they are saying. The father did his best to treat us well, but he couldn't negate the stuff done by his kids.

When we ran for them, we had something very serious happen with the truck that could have endangered our lives. She didn't seem to be too concerned about us. She was more worried about her truck. I did edit this comment so it wouldn't say what happened so I cannot be accused of slander, per say. If you want to know what was originally here that I took off, feel free to message me. But, whatever you do, please stay away from this company!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
    Reason for edit: Grammar edit
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    (((WOW) ))) we hope you don't work there any more, that's just crazyness

You gotta be picky who you work for in this industry.
    They all want to be your friend and it's NOT because they are friendly !

4. superflow

Jan 2, 2014
    Are you loosing your hair now?
    Because that's what happens to the human body from being expose to carbon dioxide too much,

5. fat trucker

fat trucker Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Warren, Ohio
    I answered their ad, went to Akron only to find a beat up 07 Volvo, interior was destroyed, front bumper attached with zip ties, a real hunk of junk. She hands me a piece of paper with their fines on it, I've never seen one before but have read about them here, their fines ran anywhere from $50 to $500 for anything they came up with. I've always told my fiancé about the Adidis wind pants and flip flops, she finally got to see it for herself. The father got out of his semi and he was wearing, guess what? Adidis wind pants, flip flops and a tank top. I thought she would die laughing. I left and never looked back. The only good thing I could see here, the co-owner (sister) was an extremely beautiful young lady.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  6. NatureGirl22

Aug 15, 2014
    She may be physically attractive. but she's a real piece of work.

As for the truck interior being trashed, it was actually decent when we had it. We had to clean it out, but we kept it clean. We haven't worked there in quite some time, and we would never go back. It makes me wonder who trashed the inside of the truck.

Reason for edit: Added to it
  7. NatureGirl22

Aug 15, 2014
    As a matter of fact, I was for a while after that! . I have a very full head of hair, but it was really getting thin there for a while. We were actually feeling a little sick for some time after that particular experience.

8. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    Too much carbon dioxide (CO2) leads to burping and obesity. It is the gas that is added to soda.

You mean carbon monoxide,CO.

9. NatureGirl22

Aug 15, 2014
    I forgot to mention that it is forced dispatch, and you don't get a say in where you go. You will be doing a lot of New York. We would be up there two or three days per week, every week. She sent us to West Virginia a lot, too. There was also a LOT of sitting! She didn't get you out of places and on the road. We found ourselves sitting and waiting for hours. Whenever something went wrong with the truck, they blamed the driver.

10. superflow

Jan 2, 2014
    LOL, ahhh yes carbon monoxide

11. fat trucker

fat trucker Light Load Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Warren, Ohio
    The drivers seat was ripped to shreds, the mattress looked like someone had just pulled it out of a landfill, truck hadn't been washed in God only knows how long, as I said a real hunk of junk. This was only about 2 months ago.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.