Decker Truck Lines

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Randokuky, Sep 24, 2020.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    ok, i just did a search on this company, but it is not the same Decker i recall from years ago. anyone know the other Decker i am talking about, and are they still in bidness..??

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    Its easier to spend money on trucks, toys, and comforts; then to give a #### about drivers. IE Bison Transport.

4. BigHossVolvo

BigHossVolvo Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2016
    Calgary, Alberta
    The last couple Decker Flat bed guys I talked too in Barstow CA, were so stressed/depressed and had equipment problems out the ###. They came to aske me, if I had any spare showers on my Flying J card....

bryan21384 Thanks this.
  5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Seems like there was a Decker out of Jersey, had blue tractors. Haven't seen them in years.

bzinger Thanks this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    i think that's the one....big DECKER logo towards the front of the trailers.

i have not been able to find anything, so after several searches, i just had to "assume" they are no longer. the only other "Decker" i can find, and in NJ, is a school bus company,

Lonesome Thanks this.
  7. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Decker is one of those companies like K&B, Raider Express, and Prime. Some of you newer guys would be bewildered to know that these companies used to be left lane large car super trucker outfits. As you can see, instead of selling the equipment and real estate off and providing the owners a small retirement check like the thousands of long gone companies they took drastic measures to even still exist today.

jeff18, BigHossVolvo and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    I was living out in Missoula when they built their terminal there. They tried recruiting us drivers away from the companies that run the mountains all the time. They were looking for guys to run Missoula to Seattle and back so the flatlanders could drop in Missoula and head back east.

Rugerfan, Dale thompson and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    Can add US Xpress to that list.

BigHossVolvo, Dna Mach and Lonesome Thank this.
  10. NYStarcar

NYStarcar Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2020
    In a van down by the river
    You're thinking of Decker Transport out of Riverdale NJ. They used to be the dedicated carrier for Nabisco but were bought out by P.A.M.

buddyd157, Lonesome and bzinger Thank this.
  11. Blue Zombie Trucker

Blue Zombie Trucker Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2017
    If you're looking for trucking companies by name, DoT's SaferWeb website is a good place to look. You can search by name, MC or DoT.

12. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    That's the one! Thanks!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.