Dispute over booting a truck at Walmart lands parking enforcer in jail for assault

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by Warrior Cat, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Opus

Opus Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    South GA
    Furthermore, in Georgia at least, if you work full time at Walmart, you wouldn't be even close to qualifying for food stamps.
    Yet another Progressive lie.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    But the libs will find the example of a minority female with multiple dependents and no baby Daddy in the picture. She can only work part time, blah, blah, blah, sob story.

It ok though, I along with many priveledged americans put in 60+ hours a week to support these examples listed above. I couldn't even imagine what else I would rather do with the Xtra money, save it, spend it on my own kids, family, nah :rolleyes:

The last part is sarcasm....

4. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Sob story don’t park your rig at Walmart ..,,,

It’s their property.......

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    KB3MMX and 06driver Thank this.
  5. 06driver

06driver Road Train Member

May 28, 2017
    Not always. Some locations are leased and we have no jurisdiction on parking lot.

6. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Walmart is about the prime example of American sell out , cheapness and social trash. Just look at all the horrendous websites with the clientele they attract.

Sam Walton used to sell his store on pride in AMERICAN made products. He must be rolling in his grave with the taskt they have made of that business, all in the name of corporate profit ... above any decency , moral character or respect and pride in the USA..... Walmart is a disgrace.

I have a huge Walmart trash pit store in my hometown as many others do.

However , I do my shopping at a wonderful Mennonite grocery store that is so very friendly , closed on Sundays and treats people with respect.

For other items like hardware I use a locally owned mom and pop store as well. Walmart is avoided even when items will cost more shopping elsewhere.

If more people weren't sell outs, Walmart wouldn't be the plague they are today.. but it represents the general state of society... Which I won't support.

allniter Thanks this.
  7. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    Typical social media response very heavy on indignation, severely short on fact.

8. Coover

Coover Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2016
    Sigh, ;) . I enjoy going to my local union grocery store and paying 135% more for the same product. It's also an added treat to watch the cashier grunt and moan cuz I interrupted her conversation with her co-worker.

Seriously I only go their for their liquor store.

For produce I shop at the local farmers market, for meat, there's a small family farm I buy from.

Big box stores are about saving money, and are not specialty stores. If I need a specific high quality specialty tool, auto part, or any other item I look for a place specializing in that field. Anyone who enjoys wasting money on general merchandise items that are the same, but cost more elsewhere more power to you.

Opus and 06driver Thank this.
  9. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    I would actually wonder who contracted with "Buckhead Parking Enforcement", that they could come on Walmart property to apply the "Boot" in the first place??
    Was it Walmart or the property owner who leases to Walmart??

10. 06driver

May 28, 2017
    Actually I think Walmart at that location is required to make every effort to prevent illegal (town has outlawed truck parking) or face civil penalties.

Recently we had to pay almost 500k in fines in Indiana because we failed to prevent parking. In 5hat case the zoning approval specifically stated no truck parking except as needed for deliveries between 0600 and 2000.

11. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.