DO NOT HAUL FOR BVB FREIGHT MC:1164350

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Izzy.375, Apr 14, 2024.

1. Izzy.375

Izzy.375 Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2024
    I inquired over email about a Ohio to Michigan run they had posted today 4/1. With Dan Rogers. He responded, gave me all of the details. Mind you, the only reason I asked about this load is cause they posted it for 10K.. So I was curious if it was a mistake or a hot run. I asked him about the rate, he responds with "Will book it for you for 500, i'll send the rate con shortly." Mind you, we NEVER BOOKED the load. Any and all communication was done on this email thread. He accused of of being unprofessional and he threatened to report us. I responded with go ahead and report us. I'll do a report right back. He responded with. "We'll see whose laughing when you get a report under your company." We have been in business over almost 10 years. We have never had any issues and pride ourselves with our relationships with our brokers and doing a good job. This dude probably booked it with god knows who and decided to screw my company for whatever reason. We called to talk to the manager and the individual who answered said call back tomorrow when the manager was back in the office. And then he hung up on me. This is a very rude, and disrespectful business eithic. I have complete proof that Dan Rogers was 100000% in the wrong. Do not disrespect my company, accuse or threaten us because you made a mistake. I will never again attempt to do business with your company. Please retrain this individual!

Update: Called the manager multiple times, sent emails. No response back.

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL - NEVER AGAIN!!

I do not want anyone getting screwed over because of brokerages like this.
    Save yourselves the headache!!

P.S. the point of this is not the $10,000. $1000 made more sense on that run and I figured someone added an extra 0. The point is brokers can't just assume you're taking the load because you asked about it and can't assume just because they throw out a bs number that you're okay with it. Negotiation has to tale place and a proper i'll accept should be in order. And you definitely do NOT threaten to ruin someones company because you're having a ####ty day!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
    Lonesome and Bud A. Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Lol, you really thought you were getting a $10k beer load going across town.

Obviously it was a listing error yet you couldn’t see it. Maybe just maybe…

Bud A., bryan21384 and Izzy.375 Thank this.
  4. Izzy.375

Izzy.375 Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2024

LOL I needed a load. So it didn't matter if it was a mistake or not. That's why I inquired on it. They had posted back to back multiple runs. To me it made more sense if it was $1000 which would of worked out for my driver. But just cause someone asks about a load whether they want to book it or not you don't just assume they'll take it for $500 and then try to send them a rate con and when it doesn't go as you plan, you don't threaten someone over it. It's not rocket science

5. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    Rates are way down, I called on one Friday, was 2500$ for years, now it’s 1750$.
    Told him good luck.

Someone took it, 1.97/mile speciality load.

Lonesome, mjd4277 and Izzy.375 Thank this.
  6. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    With a 300 mile deadhead, then 338 loaded, 1000 bucks doesn't seem to tempting. Maybe your driver needed to get home. Lol...in any event, the broker was definitely in the wrong there. You can't put loads on folks like that.

mjd4277 and Izzy.375 Thank this.
  7. Izzy.375

Izzy.375 Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2024
    Rates are absolutely ridiculous. We used to haul Granite City, IL - Lake City, FL on the regular between $3150-$3400 depending if they were desperate for a truck, up until maybe 3 weeks ago when the same run was posted for $2200. We got them up to $2700 which still ended up being over $3 a mile since Florida sucks to reload out of but the problem is too many people are agreeing to haul for less than $2 per mile. That used to be the minimum before and now its the expectation because of how expensive things are. A lot of brokers just don't understand what all goes into operating a truck let alone your own business

mjd4277 Thanks this.
  8. Izzy.375

Izzy.375 Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2024

Yeah, it was mostly just to get him closer to home since we spent two days SOL. And Michigan runs were hot so it was worth the loss he would of taken. Rates are just so bad and it sucks for drivers because being in a semi before you can put money aside and now its literally living paycheck to paycheck.

mjd4277 and bryan21384 Thank this.
  9. rollin coal

rollin coal Road Train Member

Mar 29, 2008
    TN
    Your mistake was calling somebody with a one million MC number.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.