DO NOT WORK FOR RYNO TRUCKING!!!!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Danshipley, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Danshipley

Danshipley Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2019
    Ryno Trucking out of Clearwater, FL:

So, gave this company a 2 weeks notice after my hometime. My tours are 2 weeks out, i asked to finish my tour, that way i would be home to clean the truck to bring is back down. They decided to tell me to bring the truck to GA after my current load (was in Des Moines, IA picking up load for McDonough, GA) I told them I still had every thing in my truck, and asked to go home. After about 4 hours they texted me back and said it was fine, but I would have to pay $1.00 per mile out of route to go home (estamated $230)
    Pay you? I gave a professional 2 week notoce which wasnt honored, then you make me choose on leaving everything in your truck, or paying to go home? Screw you. I abandoned their truck and their load 50 miles from my house. They wouldnt even answer me when i asked if they were going to provide me transport home. Then, on pay day, i get an invoice for over $2,600 for the recovery. Needless to say, they kept my last check ($1,200) and my security deposit ($1,000/every employee is required to pay) and now claim i owe them more money with out proof. This company is ran by a young man with no experience in the trucking industry, and no reguard for driver retention. The only reason he has money is because his grandfather worked his ### off and put him in a good position. He is broke, and keeps borrowing money from who ever he can to keep the lights on, claiming he dont cut him self a check.

He also hired my friend, Put him in a international with no AC, and instead of switching him trucks, FORCED him to drive it without needed repairs. Told him to "keep the windows down" and "im not putting anymore money in those peices of ####". Needless to say, he abandoned his truck first hometime he got, and they made sure he didnt get paid for his work either.

Long story short, do not work here. If you would like more information, i encourage you to email me at danshipleytrucking@gmail

They sign on the back of the tanks are lies. You will not make anywhere close to $65,000 unless you never go home.

VIDEODROME, Grouch and Metallica88 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    Ryno moved into Linville, Va a few months ago and started running ads on Craigslist for drivers. Linville, Va is just a few miles north of Harrisonburg, Va, off the beaten path. But anyway, I wondered about the company, glad you came along and posted what you did.

I have often wondered about a company withholding wages and charging for picking up abandoned trucks. Most states have "at will employment" and I take this on face value, meaning an employee can leave anytime, anywhere, just as the employer can terminate anytime, anywhere. If this be so, is withholding wages and charging for picking up the abandoned truck legal??

You might want to give Paul (Opie) Taylor a call. Mr. Taylor is a lawyer with Truckers Justice Center. All Mr. Taylor does is handle cases for truckers. Last phone # I have for him is 651-454-5800. Get on the Internet and pull his website up. Worth your time. That is, if you never signed any authorization allowing them to take this type of action. If you signed authorization allowing such action, you are probably out of luck.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    superflow and jon69 Thank this.
  4. lastgoodusername

lastgoodusername Medium Load Member

Dec 18, 2008
    central NC
    I gave a trucking company a notice once.Found myself in Dallas Texas. To bad I live in NC. Never gave a notice again.

jsnell, sevenmph and scottied67 Thank this.
  5. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Your fist mistake was paying someone $1000.00 just to work for them. HUGE red flag. Your second mistake was giving this guy a two week notice. Under “normal conditions” a two week notice would be the right thing to do. But not with companies like this. These are fly by night bottom feeders that absolutely do not give a #### about professionalism or doing what’s right. If they did they wouldn’t ask for a thousand bucks up front. Lesson learned.

6. Danshipley

Danshipley Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2019
    They dont even inform drivers of the $1,000 security deposit until they get there. Dirty people ...

7. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    1. Never give a security deposit.
    2. Never give notice until AFTER you’ve cleaned out the truck.

J.S., dogtrucker, superflow and 6 others Thank this.
  8. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    First mistake was abandoning truck.
    If you want to get out of the truck and quit. Bring truck back to terminal.

Now your DAC may be screwed.

I've drove home 600 miles after I dropped truck at terminal. But I waited to be picked up before I drove a car home.

9. Veteran driver

Veteran driver Medium Load Member

Aug 24, 2010
    De Moines. IA
    Fly by night, small, bottom feeder carriers, don’t use DAC (HireRight) services. So any abandonment won’t even show up on the HireRight transcript.

Secondly: An abandonment on your record is NOT necessarily the death of your trucking career. I’ve had three abandonments in over 25 years and they come off over time, meanwhile there are companies that will still hire you in spite of an abandonment. The bottom line here is if you’re placed in a situation where you have no choice but to abandon the truck then you gotta do what you gotta do. NEVER. I repeat, NEVER, let someone hold you hostage by threatening to put something on your dac if you don’t do this or don’t do that. Life goes on. And so will you. Hopefully you’ve learned from this. That’s the beauty of making mistakes. They’re necessary for growth. It’s part of how we learn.

misterG, Harris724, mjd4277 and 5 others Thank this.
  10. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I don’t agree with abandoning a truck, but I agree 100% with about not letting some jack wagon threaten you.

This is what *I* had to do once. I told this outfit in writing over the Qualcomm to “tell me where you want the truck parked”. They did and I took a picture of the messages.

That protected me from the possibility of the abandonment b.s.

11. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    That should have been a big red flag. Time to walk right then.

misterG and mjd4277 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.