Do truckers use the CB anymore?

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by jmarc77, May 11, 2022.

1. jmarc77

jmarc77 Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2021
    Now that I've got my squelch and gain dialed in, I've been able to hear a fair bit of radio traffic. However the past two days, there is someone who is likely multiple states away from me with a giant radio, probably putting out hundreds if not thousands of watts, BLASTING everyone else off the radio ON CHANNEL 19. I don't hear a handle being mentioned but he keeps repeating "be kind out there, stay away from those window lickers". People can't communicate with the car next to them because they get blasted off the air every time this guy mic's up. I thought channel 19 was for supposed to be for drivers? Anyone else in/around/near PA hear this guy?

Blue jeans, Oxbow, D.Tibbitt and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    I never got shot at, but I woke up to gunfire in Pensacola FL a couple months ago. I thought my reefer was backfiring until I finally woke all the way up. After about 10 or 12 shots, two cars peeled away from the intersection. It was about 2am

Blue jeans, Oxbow, D.Tibbitt and 2 others Thank this.
  4. The_vett

The_vett Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2021
    So Cal / PNW mostly
    The guy you are hearing could be catching what they call the skip , unless it can only be caught on FM or short wave. But it is a natural happening , with solar flares and planet weather. Unless he is just running a homebased big . Do you just hear him in the same place all the time? If so he is at home probably with a big set up . It wouldn't be the skip either if it is same place all the time.

5. jmarc77

Sep 17, 2021
    Same place. He's pegging the radio out and coming through crystal clear, so he is definitely running a big base station. Really obnoxious.

6. jmarc77

Sep 17, 2021
    Some quick Google research and I found out who it is- Fine Tune CB Shop. He has a youtube channel. Apparently the guy has a bad reputation for doing this.

7. The_vett

The_vett Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2021
    So Cal / PNW mostly
    Yes , they can be extremely obnoxious, Quite a few years ago , there was a guy so bad on short wave, that the FCC banned him from talking over the air . This crazy guy ended up going to prison because he could not stay off of the radio. I bet if he were to do the same thing today , nobody would hardly notice. That is funny you found him., and he is on youtube as well . Guess he just has to go live .

8. jmarc77

Sep 17, 2021
    I recognized his voice the minute I watched one of his videos. Google the name Fine Tune CB Shop and you'll find dozens of reports of the same behavior- jamming up channel 19, rambling about "window lickers" and "highways and byways". He seems to have a pretty bad reputation in the CB community. He might have the biggest, best CB radio in the world. Who cares? I only want to communicate with the trucks around me. From what I've read, he's in New Mexico. I'm in PA. He's jamming up ch. 19 nationwide. Save that obnoxious behavior for ch. 6 or something.

I'm surprised with so many reports of the same behavior that the FCC hasn't stepped in. What's the use of having all of these FCC regs if they won't enforce them?

Blue jeans, The_vett, Oxbow and 4 others Thank this.
  9. jmarc77

Sep 17, 2021
    Here's another thread about the same guy doing the same thing. Apparently he also goes by Mud Duck and a few other handles.

We need a new channel

Blue jeans, The_vett, Oxbow and 4 others Thank this.
  10. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    His handle is Hard drive and he a real clown complaining about window lickers and the Stryker radio club all the time.
    I hear the dip #### constantly in NY and Florida and every state in between.

Blue jeans, The_vett, Oxbow and 6 others Thank this.
  11. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Delusion of Grandeur is a person’s belief that they are someone other than who they are, such as a supernatural figure or a celebrity. A delusion of grandeur may also be a belief that they have special abilities, possessions, or powers. Delusions are generally the result of a mental health disorder

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.