Do you agree with reserved truck stop parking?

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by MooneyBravo, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

Actually it makes a lot of sense.

Some people don't want to spend the money. Some eat better with their own cooking. Some don't wanna deal with the rest of humanity an just have a quiet meal. Some just plain don't trust a company to do them right when it comes to food.

Focus more on hauling then playing with pots and pans? LOL Now that is funny. It doesn't take long to make dinner. So not sure where you get the idea someone is playing with pots and pans.

A crock pot is a one pot meal. Toss your stuff in the morning an cooks all day when driving. Go share your sentiments about cooking in the Cooking in a truck section/thread. I'll be sure to bring enough popcorn for all. An electric skillet depending on what you cook can be 5 minutes to 20 minutes.

Perhaps more drivers should stop worrying about what other drivers do on their off time an worry about themselves. You continue eating your Kwik Trips an the rest of will continue to eat as we choose.

Sirscrapntruckalot - Stop worrying about others an focus on hauling.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    Every night I see most of the reserved spots filled. I also see available spots in some lots. Sounds like it’s working.

The question was do I agree with it. Yes. It’s like when you go out to dinner with the wife and there’s no parking. A couple laps around the block and then pull into Valet. $15 and 1 min later you’re ordering a ####tail. If you find a spot on that lap you’re stoked. But sometimes those spots are sketchy...either a ticket or unsafe. Sounds exactly like a TS lot to me.

4. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Already happened. Took 40 minutes to get out last Tuesday. Driver at the gate running around trying to find someone to help him.

JonJon78 Thanks this.
  5. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    While I don't like having to pay for parking i absolutely agree with their right to charge for it or put any kind of reserved program in place. Its their property and their business. I have no more right to tell them how to run their business than they have to tell me how to run mine.

6. jon69

jon69 Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2018
    I dont think he meant parking overnight.

7. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    I hate them!!!! If I buy fuel eat in restaurant shop in the store. None if that counts toward so called reserved parking. Parking should be 1st come 1st serve.
    If the truckstop wants to charge for ALL parking. But doesnt have reserved spaces, and waives the fee if you buy enough fuel or spend x amount. That would be fine with me. I have no problem buying fuel, or spending $20. My schedule is as tight as anybody else's. Probably tighter than most. So I noticed it appears to me. Most who like it are "company" drivers whose company pays or reimburses them. Wonder if they would feel the same if it came out of thier pocket? And dont' give me any "iys tax deductible crap" ive got enough deductions, and a tax deduction is only good on April 15th. Every other day of the year, it's just money out my pocket.

8. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX

Studebaker Hawk, spyder7723 and tucker Thank this.
  9. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    LOL

10. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    I cant drive one minute over my log. Knowing I have a place to park allows me to get as far as possible without worrying about where I'm going to stay. The company pays for it, so I take advantage. Saw some new reserved signs at Monteagle. Much heavier and have two wheels so you can lean them back and roll them away.

11. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    I'm an owner op. Every dollar counts for me as it comes out of my own pocket. Paying $14-$15 a night to park is ridiculous. That's $420 a month or more. I dont have that kind of money to waste on parking. Parking should be provided to truckers free of charge from shippers/receivers who #### around with loading and unloading you.
    Then they say there's shortage of drivers...where are you supposed to park after 2-3pm ie TA in North Bend. In winter time its even worse. If you don't get over Snoqualmie pass night prior to unloading that means that you'll likely be stuck on either side of the pass as it will be closed to pileups/snow removal work. ########### in Seattle refuse building new facilities for truckers but want their #### delivered on time. #### libtards, they can go #### themselves.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.