Do you play computer games?

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by Ovidius, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    The emulated are not as much fun as the original.

But nothing beats the memories of the days of our childhood.

ZVar Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    One thing I do remember. Playing pool of radiance on the c64. There were 4 game disks plus the save disk. I was in wood shop at the time in school so cut a piece of wood with angled kerfs to use as a floppy disk holder.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  4. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    I think I was in 4th grade when I first saw a friend at the time with everything. So 1986 maybe. Than not long after came the Genesis. I still wish I had one of those.

5. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI

You can build one. Using a raspberry pi you can put an emulator on it. Even get a pi case that looks like a Genesis and controllers that are the same as the Genesis.

Here is a link to the product.
    https://www.amazon.com/Retroflag-Fu...+genesis+case&qid=1559516865&s=gateway&sr=8-3

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  6. Frank Burns

Frank Burns Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2019
    Fort Worth, Texas
    That was the best game ever! Played it for hours and hours.

The first 3 were the best.

7. Frank Burns

Frank Burns Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2019
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Play all the Witcher games, you can get them on GOG. Internet connection isn't needed except for download.

Then read all the Witcher books.

I highly recommend this.

8. c704710

c704710 Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2018
    I own most old computer systems, game consoles, and hand helds that were sold in the USA and about 9,000 games which I play a lot less since I became a trucker. In the cab I keep 2 Android phones. One is strictly for work (text, email, voice) except that I tether from it which doesn't interfear. I have never come close to using 5 GB (this is the limit of my "unlimited plan"). The other Android, wifi only, no cell service, runs emulators for many of my games. This is because the emulators on Android are pretty good at suspending/save with a single button press. Also, I use GPS navigation on this one to _help_ plan routes. When I have a block of downtime with little chance of interuption, I use my laptop running GNU/Linux. This is for modern gaming that Android can't handle, such as Kerbal Space Program. Then I have Nintendo Switch and 3DS XL. These suspend even better than Android, just shut the lid for 3DS. I'm planing to jailbreak my Switch soon so I can add the 3DS and 2nd Android functions to it so I'll have two less devices to bring. Androids, 3DS, and Switch will all charge from USB using the truck's 12-volt outlet, the laptop's ports, or even from each other using USB adaptor cables. Needed sometimes because I never charge anything except Androids when the truck is running, the dirty power wears out Li-Ion batteries and can damage other components of the laptop as well. I only charge the laptop in tested AC outlets (I bring a simple tester). Which usually means at home. When it dies, it dies, in about 4 hours. But I rarely use the laptop to play. My laptop is often just a battery charger for one of my other devices when the truck is running.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.