Does incident reports for tire blowout go against my CDL record?

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by goodmanernest11, Oct 25, 2023.

1. goodmanernest11

goodmanernest11 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2023
    I work for a company that makes me file a police report everytime a tire blows out. Does these incident reports go against my CDL record?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Mechanical breakdowns are not a reportable event unless another vehicle is hit by debris.
    I don’t know of any police department that would allow you to file such a report for everyday business expenses. Tire blow outs are just a cost of doing business. The only “crime” would be for you to not be doing your daily inspections.

BobO1176, Bud A. and KB3MMX Thank this.
  4. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    It won't go on your drivers record, but the union outfit I drove for, a blowout was considered a preventable offense. I know,,,their reasoning was, if you inspected the tires before leaving, an avoidable road hazard caused the blowout. If you ran over a curb causing a blowout, that was a chargeable. Hitting a deer, chargeable, and so on. Totally unfair, and I didn't work there long. You'll be fine.

Bud A. and KB3MMX Thank this.
  5. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    We document blowouts as Accidents to have records of the repeat offenders who aren't doing pretrips , don't look at the equipment during fuel stops, drive over everything in sight, etc.

Tires are #### expensive in 2023 and drivers need to have some accountability in causing significant unnecessary expense, especially if it's a habitual bad driver.

Side note, we had one moron wheel holder that had $28,000 in tire "emergencies" over a 2 year period. He was a train wreck of destroying equipment besides tires as well.

And like said in a earlier post ... No police agency is going to take a tire blowout as a complaint unless you damaged someone else's property in the process.

Bud A. Thanks this.
  6. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Do they also require you to call in for a police report when someone "almost" ran into you?

Bud A. Thanks this.
  7. Bud A.

Bud A. Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Mountain Time
    That police report happens when you follow the guy to a fuel stop and start a fist fight with him.

Vampire and Last Call Thank this.
  8. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Is this a JOKE ? o_O:confused:

BobO1176, Pickleball and Speedy356 Thank this.
  9. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    Yeah I thought the same thing when I first read the post, think it may be an over exaggeration of just filing incident reports, as the Police will think it was a joke, barring any blow out that may have caused a vehicle perhaps to veer off the road.

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  10. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2022
    So you have to call the police to the roadside and make a report for a blowout?
    Define to us what you consider a police report, please.

11. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    how were they about changing out a tire that failed your inspection?

Vampire Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.