Does Prime really pay 90% of the load to O/O?

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Midnightrider909, Jan 12, 2018.

1. mitmaks

mitmaks Road Train Member

May 16, 2014
    90% of $1.00 so you're only getting .90c lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Coronado1785$

Coronado1785$ Light Load Member

Jun 17, 2017
    Im sure they do after they make chop suey out of it. I have pulled their loads before 1 actually wasnt impressive rate at all. But it repositioned me to better area.

Steel Dragon and Midnightrider909 Thank this.
  4. trucker28truck

trucker28truck Light Load Member

Jul 28, 2016
    US mainland
    Who told you that? Go at prime website it said there 72% to OO, plus nobody knows how much they charge shippers, what contracts they have? I doubt that it is even 50%
    Sometimes yes, very good paying loads, but it happens one out of 10 loads, and at the end i average so far totally 1,43 per mile as Lease, so is not much at all.
    P.S.
    Hit a deer and prime charged me 1000 $ for that as truck accident.

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  5. Misesian

Misesian Road Train Member

May 21, 2014
    Nothwest Arkansas
    There are a couple locations I pull out of where I’ll load with Prime. Their rates are a lot lower than what I can get on the open market. The rates they have are their contract rates at these places and, so far, I have found two locations where their rates are decent.

6. BigGee

BigGee Light Load Member

Nov 19, 2007
    Down South
    I dont know what this myth came from that mega companies run cheap 1.00 a mile freight. You would be surprise how much these mega are getting on these rates, stop believe these lies.

7. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Nearly all loads pay $2 per mile,more for playing the short game.
    Lease with a dispatcher is like playing Russian roulette..you'll make just enough to make your truck payment.
    Even in Schneider ic,most drivers average about $1.30 a mile.
    I wouldn't start my truck for less than $2.00 per mile.

8. fortycalglock

fortycalglock Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Tourist Town, FL
    A lot of companies like Prime run all of their freight through their logistics side before it gets to the trucking side. They take the cream off the top.

Toomanybikes and Steel Dragon Thank this.
  9. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Road Train Member

Apr 8, 2009
    ^^^ That is the correct answer right there. They pay you 90% of what they want to pay you.

Or 100% of BS. Your choice, of course.

10. Highrollers

Highrollers Bobtail Member

Jun 8, 2018
    Prime will pay you but you have to be there for awhile and dedicated. They are not the highest but if you get in good woth them they pay a fair rate

11. Empez

Empez Bobtail Member

Jun 1, 2019
    No it's not 90%, as of now Prime's O/O make 72% of the load rate. Minus a few dollars a week for your training. Minus your fuel usage and a few more $ for anything you get out the company store for your truck. You can still make really good money. I know this is my status at prime inc. I'm not taking Penny's. Training new drivers after you have accomplished 9 months of no reported tickets or accidents, no service failure's, and a fuel point average of 7.0 or better, will add to your income especially if you do pad and tnt both. Training new drivers takes knowledge, skills, patience and a willingness to be dedicated to your students success.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.