Don’t give a two week notice to Schneider National or they terminate you that day and take away all,

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Hardwoerman, Dec 22, 2018.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    So so much Schneiser bashing.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    what are some good things schneider done for you

Last edited: May 29, 2022
  4. Highwaydrifter61

Highwaydrifter61 Light Load Member

May 5, 2019
    Most companies work an "At will" policy with employment. That means that they can terminate you at any time without cause. Of course the same applies to the employee (driver) the driver can terminate their employment at any time for any reason without notice. The only drawback is if you decide to quit out on the road and leave the truck at anywhere other than a terminal you will be charged with abandonment, and they will take your last check to cover recovery expenses

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Is that right? First time I ever heard of that happening.....

6. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    It's standard in most mega contracts, rarely enforced though.

7. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    No doubt. Was living up to my moniker......Mr Sarcasm.....;)

8. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    My apologies. . . occasionally you ask real questions.

9. cdavis188

cdavis188 Road Train Member

Jun 10, 2021
    Salina, KS
    Drove for Schneider for 6 months. Never had an issue either of my two DM's. Put in my two weeks, turned my truck in at the Gary OC on my last day, and my DM wished me luck on future endeavors.

10. Highwaydrifter61

Highwaydrifter61 Light Load Member

May 5, 2019
    If you read the terms of employment at the end of the application (just before the signature) some of them state whether it is "At will" or not. Most companies in Pennsylvania have this clause. It may vary from state to state. There's important information in those terms of employment that you should read before signing. It seems alot of companies count on you not reading it.

11. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Most companies would prefer to not have to terminate someone out on the road, and they would prefer to have the truck back at the original terminal when a driver resigns, thereby eliminating the need to send another driver out to recover the truck and bring it home.

Even if you were a PITA employee during your tenure here, as long as you gave some notice and turned the truck in at our terminal, you would be listed as rehire: YES because you saved us the hassle and expense of getting the truck, it was able to roll back here making money rather than costing money.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.