Don't do a load that requires a lumper

Discussion in 'CH Robinson' started by Bshaker33, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Bshaker33

Bshaker33 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2018
    They will charge you either 3 % or $15.00 which ever one is greatest when you call in for lumper fees which to me a driver shouldn't have anything to do with lumper fees

roshea and DSK333 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bshaker33

Bshaker33 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2018
  4. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Grocery warehouses are always places to be avoided.

mhyn, roshea, x1Heavy and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I'm gonna start charging the UPS or Fudex guy a fee to deliver my packages that I ordered...hey, it works for grocery warehouses...why not the average consumer.

blairandgretchen, DSK333 and tlalokay Thank this.
  6. Av8torcrj

Av8torcrj Light Load Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I have NEVER understood why trucking companies put up with this lumper BS. A shipper calls up a company and says " hey, we want you to go pick up 45,000 pounds of OUR crap, haul it across the country arriving at OUR facility at a specific time then we want YOU to pay US to take OUR crap off YOUR truck. I can't tell you how many times I wish my dry van trailer had a dump bed on it so I could just plop their CRAP on the dock and drive away. It's not my money but dang it seems like a crooked racket. You'd think with supposedly tight freight capacity shippers could just tell these customers to unload their own crap like 95% of everybody else or poke off.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  7. Freddy57

Freddy57 Road Train Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Mount Vernon, MO
    With CHR loads, if they say "driver work" there is going to be an unloading fee. Either carry cash to cover or write a check from your own fuel card account. If you call them for a T-Check it's $15. Very few brokerages pay the unloading up front.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  8. hammer960899

hammer960899 Bobtail Member

Sep 3, 2018
    Stay away from publix,food lion,aldi,walmart they all use lumpers and your not allowed on the dock at all to assist or even allowed to unload yourself so your screwed either way.

x1Heavy and DSK333 Thank this.
  9. RSB34

RSB34 Light Load Member

Feb 9, 2013
    ny.
    I negotiate a rate then after they accept I tell them to add $15 to cover the check fee. It works only problem I deal with one guy at ch and he caught on. But I still figure that $15 into neg. the rate.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. Good bloom

Good bloom Light Load Member

Aug 13, 2017
    Chesterfield, MO
    I was surprised when they want to get paid by driver. It is 21st century there is many ways to transfer money but they want to driver to carry a check. Yup thats so old school. People testing driverless trucks on the road. hopefully they will figure out how to transfer money to lumper company before those trucks show up.

roshea, x1Heavy and SteerTire Thank this.
  11. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    My favorite scam is what they charge to get your money off their card. Any card.

Companies charge drivers, banks charge everyone, stores charge fees to accept. The only thing technology has done to make things easier. Is create an easier way to rake in cash from the peasants. For doing nothing

x1Heavy and Good bloom Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.