dont do what one of our drivers did, ask questions

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by ad356, Apr 10, 2018.

1. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    haha, we had a guy do almost the same thing. Backed into the dock beside the one that had an empty dropped in it. The loader loaded the wrong trailer and then came out and told him he was good to go.

This place would pay for a full load but often it was very light and sometimes only a few skids in the nose. They would load with a hand jack so you'd hardly notice when they were going in and out of the trailer.

Not sure who ended up paying for that mistake but I know the driver never closed the doors without looking again.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Farmerbob1

Farmerbob1 Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2017
    I recently hauled a 3,000 lb load 1500 miles. The difference between that load and empty is near-zero.

Not saying the driver was without fault. How do you close the doors on a load without at least looking to see if the load might need load locks?

tinytim Thanks this.
  4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Yea not sure how you run a stop sign because you're lighting up but all right then.

5. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Exactly how do you not look and make sure it's not like the leaning tower of Pisa in there? I get there's some light loads when your doing vans/reefers.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  6. ad356

ad356 Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2017
    That's the story I got right from my boss which I would hope be accurate. He said the guy was not paying attention, blew the stop sign and completely totalled both truck and trailer. Then the boss says the guy lied to officials said his brakes failed. My boss said he fired him for lying.

I'm starting to like this job, there is plenty of good and some bad. Take the good with the bad I suppose.

Farmerbob1 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.