dont know if i should laugh or cry

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Luse, Jan 5, 2014.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN

What exactly does that mean?
    It makes no sense whatsoever.

Don't do shorthand.
    Explain what you mean in readable sentences.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. otherhalftw

otherhalftw R.I.P.

Nov 18, 2008
    CA...gold discovery foothills
    Most of the Swift trailers (maybe all by now) have been equipped with the Q-Comm GPS/Camera tracking system. It is electronic, battery life is "supposed to be" approximately 10 days, with the ident ping set at once every 12 hours or twice a day...0001 and 1201...the battery is "supposed" to recharge whenever a tractor hooks up and remains hooked for at least 4 hours.

given this basic information, electronic implements never fail....RIGHT???....NOT!!!

Also, with so many different fingers in this pie....drivers, DM's, planners, drop yard shenanigans, other company (truck) moving unit as a "joke", or as a pay back", shipper/receiver "hiding" trailer for use as a storage unit, security guards that don't have accurate, up to date, yard reports (if done at all).....now just how many other possibilities can be thought of to find that trailers just aren't where they are "supposed to be"?!!?? Don't forget those same drivers, DM's, planners could have dyslexia and transpose numbers so trailer 123456 is moved to location YG7654, and the update is recorded as 234567 at location YG7645, then confirmed and the computer processes that trailer in the wrong location....

but now that I think about it......NAH, IT COULD NEVER HAPPEN, NOBODY MAKES MISTAKES....especially not someone as big as SWIFT!!!!:biggrin_25521:

A21CAV and Hammer166 Thank this.
  4. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    That whole issue of chasing non-existing empty trailers is the major reason I left Knight back in 2004. Back then I couldn't get paid for bob tailing around to find one of their ghost trailers. SCREWEM! Same for SWIFT if they do the same thing.
    I can understand the occasional screw up. But if you send a driver to a location to get a trailer, and that trailer is not there, then you still need to pay that driver for his time. I don't work for free.

Hammer166, teddy_bear6506 and KW Cajun Thank this.
  5. brsims

brsims Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Meadville, PA
    Another reason to enjoy flatbedding. On the very few occasions I've had to find an empty trailer, it never took longer than five minutes. It's really easy to see if a deck is loaded or not, ha ha!

6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I'm probably going to regret posting this on an open forum, but a little trick I learned is to unplug the trailer during hometime and they don't harass me about returning the trailer to the terminal. I guess after a few hours the thing stops pinging and goes off Swift's radar.

7. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    Or live 300 miles from a terminal. Then they don't want your empty trailer at the terminal. When you take home time. :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.