Don't Know if This Is The Right Decision or Not. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DARKNIGHTRUCKER, Aug 11, 2020.

1. tallguy66

tallguy66 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    if you’re going that route, call in with dispatch daily to see what you can do to get more miles. There’s no reason anyone staying out a month at a time should gross under 800$ a week at a minimum if they can make deliveries on time. Just don’t hit ####.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    He trained at Driver Solutions and he works for Pam. It’s on his account bio. See ya in next weeks thread. :mad:

4. DARKNIGHTRUCKER

DARKNIGHTRUCKER Light Load Member

May 3, 2020
    CPM is the main problem. I got 2400 miles the last week (is that good /bad ? I dont know). At a decent CPM i could get around 700 or 800 something from those miles but my current company pays at least 10 cents less than that.

5. DARKNIGHTRUCKER

May 3, 2020
    uh oh, busted! Forgot I put that there. You guys couldve also figured it out from my messages on this thread and in others by my comments.

6. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    You gave him good advice. Unfortunately, it is not what he wants to hear.

7. tallguy66

tallguy66 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2018
    I was doing some digging to see if you were serious and you said you made .30 soon to be .35 cpm?

8. DARKNIGHTRUCKER

May 3, 2020
    you cant put all of that #### on the driver. Look at some PAM reviews almost anywhere else on teh internet. Oftetimes they'll say I get 200 300 400 dollars a paycheck. Its not because literally everyone who writes a negative review is lazy or doesnt want to run miles. Its because the #### CPM!!! And the 62 MPH trucks. And not getting detention pay on my dedicated route. Not being able to contact people at office. The list goes on.

I run the loads they give me to the best of my abilities in the safest most efficient manner I can manage to accomplish. Im not going to do stupid crap like drive on no or minimal sleep or try to drive through tornado storms. No job is worth doing those stunts.

Its the difference between a 400 dollar and 800 dollar check. or a 300 something and a 700 something.

Are you expecting a rookie ####ing driver with 3 months experience to be an expert at running out his clock to the last possible second every day?? Without getting HOS violations? You can't perfectly run out your clock every day due to traffic jams, waiting at shippers/receivers, any number of other things.

9. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    So all those PAM reviews cam out in the last 3 months? Because otherwise it is on the driver for not doing their research before getting the job. It's not like these issues are new.

10. DARKNIGHTRUCKER

May 3, 2020
    Bro I had no money and limited options, COVID cancelled my last job, and i was unemployed for a very long time before that. Its not like i had a multitude of options.

PAM put me in a school less than 150 miles from my house and paid the school, hotel fees. Other companies were trying to get me to travel halfeway across the usa on my own dime and pay my own housing and travel fees.

11. Hazmat Cat

Hazmat Cat Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2019
    They’re turning on you... run run!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.