Don't Know if This Is The Right Decision or Not. Any advice?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by DARKNIGHTRUCKER, Aug 11, 2020.

1. DARKNIGHTRUCKER

DARKNIGHTRUCKER Light Load Member

May 3, 2020
    So basically I'm ####ed In the ### because of the accidents and have to stay with Pam or get a non truckign job

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    567.jpg

4. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Yup. Pam cut you some slack by not firing you for your rookie mistakes.
    With your record and lack of experience you don't have any bargaining power.
    Stay where you are, clean up your act, put in your time and get all this behind you. Other people have done it, you can too. It won't be easy and it sure won't be fun but it's just about your only choice.

Oh, as a side note...when you ask for advice don't argue with the advice you're given. If you don't like the advice just keep quiet and maybe think about it later. A lot of pretty smart and well experienced people have tried to help you here. Pay them back by listening to what they say and park the attitude.

5. singlescrewshaker

singlescrewshaker Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Little Havana, FL
    10-4, Sounds like it..
    Make the best of a bad situation. Still got a roof ove your head, & an opportunity to paid off CDL school, & earn some money. Sounds better than rolling over to die, & being homeless no..?

If the dedicated ain't working out, ask to go back on long haul.
    Load & deliver anywhere they ask. Once you do the dirty work for a while, should be on your dispatchers good side, & maybe you will begin to get better runs..

Where are you getting these weather warnings.? Where ever it is, shut it off. Just wake up & roll. If you see a funnel cloud, drive away from it. Company ride, so who cares. I.mean yeah, keep it clean, don't rag it out, & don't bump it into stuff. But act of God is exactly that. Out of your hands. What's going to happen is gonna happen..

Keep your record clean till May or whenever you said the 1 year contract is up, & move on at that point. Companies will see it has been a year almost since your last dust up, & know you can fulfill a commitment. Read some threads on how to manage the clock. Make the most of the time you got, keep a good attitude, head down, & grind it out. Somewhere, someone has got it worse than you..

That's all I got..

Looks like Reo beat me to the pep talk

6. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Those violations may show up on your DAC report.
    You can get a copy at www.hireright.com
    ~
    Your pay is horrible; many new drivers are making $800 - $1200 every week and you should be also.
    ~
    OK, you had some issues in muddy lots at shippers and receivers, but those aren't career enders. Discuss this with the new company and don't talk too much though. Keep it to a minimum and let the company do the questioning and decide what they want to do.

Speed_Drums and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  7. DARKNIGHTRUCKER

May 3, 2020
    Thanks that sounds like the best thing to do . Yea it's better than being homeless or in jail which I might very well be if I had done nothing once I Lost my last job . Hard to get hired anywhere else when you have a spotty work history and no hard skills to speak of

singlescrewshaker Thanks this.
  8. DARKNIGHTRUCKER

May 3, 2020
    I did order one of those few days ago. I checked the other two (MVR and Fmca PSD? ,) And saw nothing on those.

9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Maybe your DAC is clean then. Maybe PAM didn't put anything on DAC. If so, you lucked out.

Speed_Drums and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  10. DARKNIGHTRUCKER

May 3, 2020
    Can you really stop people's from arguing on the internet good luck with that

singlescrewshaker Thanks this.
  11. NorthEastTrucker

NorthEastTrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 21, 2019
    I wasn't really understanding how bad that company could but after reading a few of the comments and their lower score on indeed @ 2.5/5 I can see why you want to leave.
    Working as a Truck Driver at PAM Transport: 151 Reviews | Indeed.com
    Working as a Truck Driver at PAM Transport: 151 Reviews | Indeed.com

In the beginning at a new career it's difficult. You just have to get your experience..things will get much better believe me. We've all been there.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.