Don't walk, "Run From This Company."

Discussion in 'Barr-Nunn' started by ShadowRider, Apr 15, 2007.

1. Dav

Dav Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2009
    hsv., al.
    Thanks for being honest. Someone once said, "when someone shows you who they are, believe them" I believed what I saw. It didn't take two years to smell the ))))))))))>>>>>>>

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dav

Dav Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2009
    hsv., al.
    750 a week? ummmm: and what do you spend a week to make that? Did you deduct that cost? Now what is the pay?

4. Dav

Dav Bobtail Member

Feb 17, 2009
    hsv., al.
    No, I didn't stay after orientation, and I was not the only person. Every person that went to school past the 7th grade left after orientation.
    And you say you stayed there and is happy. Ummmm

5. whydontchahey

whydontchahey Light Load Member

Nov 9, 2007
    Ohio
    The $750 is my usual check after taxes and after I deduct my $50 cash advance.And the $50 is what i live off of all week.

6. whydontchahey

Nov 9, 2007
    Ohio
    Well,I graduated High school.I am a licensed HVAC tech.And I'm also a licensed Real Estate agent. So not everybody left orientation. I is happy!
    Who are you driving for now?

7. whydontchahey

Nov 9, 2007
    Ohio
    Everybody has a different experience at a company.And in your 2 years,you had yours. I've been there 9 months. Mine has been different. I had my bad experience with Roehl. Thats what is cool about this forum! You seem like you are happy now. What company are you working for now?

8. Ms Ginny Trucker

Ms Ginny Trucker Bobtail Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Davenport,IA
    :biggrin_25526:I worked for BN almost 3 years. They fired me because my bobtail didn't stay where I parked when they forced me home for hour reset. Ok yes, it was my fault. I loved working for them, if there was a load I didn't want to take all I would do was tell them I didn't have enough hours. They found someone else. They do pay you a bonus every 60,000 mls, I never really had a bad time with payroll. My fleet manager was a sweetie, but some of them are hard core. But mostly the planners push on the fleet managers. I was at my fleet manager's desk once when a driver said they could not do the preplan they were sent. She went back to the planner and the planner said they 'HAD to pick up and deliver ontime.' She did tell the planner off and got the driver a relay.
    BN does drive their drivers to the limit. I have finished my 11 hours driving and had a couple hrs break when they have asked me to do another load because the driver on it couldn't. (Only happened once). I made well over 50,000 each year I worked for them.
    I would work for them again if they would have me. They are real good about fixing anything with your tupperware truck. You can run as much as you want as long as their are loads available. If you say you can do it then they let you. As long as you make your logs legal. They furnish looseleafs, no books for them. They do not have driver unloads, most are drop 'n hooks, but there are some live unloads. They do pay detention after 2 hours from appointment if you are ontime. Most of their freight is in the Ohio, PA areas. But you can get stranded there for a couple days, mostly weekends. But you are allowed to go to a truckstop if you ask.
    You can get the miles from them if you are in the right place at the right time!!
    As for hometime they used to be great about this, but had changed the last 6 months I was there.
    All they care about is their freight. That is the honest to goodness truth, but what company really doesn't? Freight is what it's all about.
    The first year and a half I worked for them was very hard, but I stuck it out and was very glad I did when my miles increased.
    When they first fired me I was angry, hurt and very upset, and just knew I wouldn't tell anyone to work for them. But, I feel differently now as I have cooled off. They are really one of the best paying companies. As long as your willing to work 16-18 hrs a day with a 6 hr break.
    I think their biggest problem to drivers is the planners and the load cordinaters. They do not work together to make loads within a drivers 14 hr day. I had sent a couple messages to them on QuailComm about teaching them about the 14-hr rule. They think you can drive to a delivery, sit for 4-5 hrs and as long as you haven't driven over 11 hrs. you can sit there outside your 14 hours and still put the trailer in the dock. May be this is legal, but I don't think so . That's why they said 14 hrs.
    Bottom line from me to anyone wanting to work for BN I would say if you're willing to work day and night to deliver on time Go for it. You can really make some money.

9. bmegirr

bmegirr Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Ocala FL
    I left BN about 8 months ago after being there for 8 months, and this posting was the most accurate i have read (at least in my experience). But the main reason i left was LAYOVERS.....40 of them, plus anothr 10 or so that i missed because i was dispatched at the 23rd hour or because of the new layover policy (34 hours). I only worked about 3 weekends, most of the time i sat a day and a half, many were 2 full days, and 4 of them were 3 days...and this was totally acceptable by BN...In fact, my manager would often ask me where i wanted to spend the weekend...lol...it just got too frustrating...also, i did'nt like people telling me what to put in my logbook whenever i turned down a load (i've been out here 14 years)..i only turned down loads that i thought i may have to take a nap because of lack of sleep...also...i would work 4 days of the week, sit around for 3 days, and then get a message about my idling....it just got too frustrating sitting almost every weekend, and thats why i quit......i've only had 4 layovers so far with my new company (at $140 a pop)...i have a friend who still works there, and recently, he had 2 occasions where he reported back to work after home time (Tampa), got a load to jacksonville, and then sat 3 days....anyhow, i could handle everything else, but all that sitting was driving me up the wall!!!!!!!!!!!..Ginney, i'm don't quite understand why u were fired...perhaps they wanted to thin out their fleet, and used that as an excuse...there's alot of that going around these days........on a humorous note, i see they no longer have interactive chat with recruiters on their website anymore, i used to harass some guy named Dirk all the time....lol

10. watchingsunet

watchingsunet Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Tampa, Florida
    Hi I am a current Barr-nunn driver and your all about correct in regards to the company. I must say my dispatcher is awesome but other then that I am ready to leave the company. I have been here about a year and I sit in truck stops more then I ever move. In the year I have driven just over 60,000 and I am starving. My paychecks average about 200 a week. I keep getting the same story its getting better. What they do is about every third week rom what I see they will run you about 2900 miles and then drop you to about 500 to 1000 mile a week. I am sick of this. I dont want to just jump ship cause that will reflect on getting another driving position. You change job more then three times in five years witch I have makes it real hard. Any advice is helpful. God Bless

11. harleynite

harleynite Bobtail Member

Apr 21, 2009
    bullhead city arizona
    have a friend with barr-nunn..likes it lives up in nothern michigan ...been there 5 yeARS WOULDNT LEAVE

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.