DOT found a meth pipe in my truck

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by John Bertucci, Jul 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smokey12

smokey12 Road Train Member

May 30, 2012
    Why was the DOT searching your truck? They get a call about your driving..what is the circumstances? Nobody can give you and answer without more info.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I would throw extra cheese on it and smash it!!!!

4. sirhwy

sirhwy Medium Load Member

Sep 1, 2011
    Central Iowa
    Innocent until proven guilty. HOWEVER. I know for a fact I don’t do those things, and there’s exactly ZERO chance of a LEO finding drug paraphernalia in my truck.

5. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Just thinking here, maybe the original poster picked up a lot lizard and she dropped it in his truck? I mean stranger things have happened.

You’re really not gonna make it long and trucking if you’re actually smoking crack. I mean let’s be real. Why don’t they just drug test the guy and if he’s clean and he says it’s not his pipe that should be the end of it. If he test positive for crack use, then he’s done.

6. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    My first reaction to seeing this thread title.
    THISGONBGUD.gif

7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Actually, it's completely different. If they had caught him with booze in the truck, or even drugs, it doesn't carry the same weight as failing a random. The random is federal. What he got caught with can be worked out with the county courts. There's no lawyer that could get him out of a failed drug screen. Worse case in this one, he has a fine, a loss of employment, a bad record...but if he can get someone to give him a job, he can be driving again in no time flat.

If he had failed a random, there's no fighting, no lawyer, just a completion of a sap program before anyone can legitimately ever hire him to drive a truck in North America ever again.

8. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Ok....so members, you've jumped to a lot of conclusions here. Maybe he's a user. Maybe he isn't. It ain't for none of us to determine. OP, the fact that a meth pipe was in your truck gives you a lot of problems. When it comes to the law, more often than not, perception is reality unfortunately. It makes it worse that you're in a commercial vehicle. I dont really know how you beat this one, I am not qualified to give any type of legal advice. I got myself in a lot of trouble dealing with marijuana, a few misdemeanors. As a trucker, you'll have to quit(that is if you use), be it cold turkey, or if you need help, get help if you can. I won't sit here and demonize you because we have all done dumb things that have put ourselves and/or career in jeopardy. I certainly have. Some of us have been caught, others have been more fortunate not to. If you do have an addiction, there's guys on here that can give you all the support/brotherly love you need, that's the only way to beat addiction. If you are clean, and have the means to get a lawyer, take your chances. First off, you gotta come back and tell us exactly how this went down....

9. bryan21384

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    I dont disagree. Its only damaging because of the way companies are with hiring practices. He will have trouble getting on with a reputable company because the charge will be so fresh. That's the damaging part. I had drug misdemeanors on my record that caused me to do 1099 jobs while they fell off. What messed me up was a failed random and charges. That took years to clean up, double years. Either of which could take years. I really hope that he could disprove this charge tho.

Rideandrepair and Crude Truckin' Thank this.
  10. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    Well in the early 80s they found a insulin rig in a truck I was driving and left my truck in the T/stop with the bar behind it E of Houston and kept me for half the night giving me cokes to drink every 15min. to see if my sugers went up and after 6hrs they gave me a ride back to truck after ck. my sugers every hour, they could not get a ansur. from any co. phone # I gave them, but I got a beep from safety when i started unloading at 3ed stop saying they fired the driver for be on insul. but did not ck. the truck for anything? I allways look under mat. and under seats and in side pockets of seats when i drove a co. truck?

11. Lennythedriver

Lennythedriver Road Train Member

Feb 14, 2020
    Believe it or not needles in of themselves are not illegal. It’s what people might put in them that make them illegal. There’s all sorts of legal substances that people can take and use that involve an insulin needle. Some people take vitamin B injections. There’s peptides and everything else that are perfectly legal that require injections for use.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.