Driver killed 8/7 in Loves Parking lot in Odessa TX?????

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by goodchoice10, Aug 7, 2012.

1. tirednaz

tirednaz Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    Okay lets go with this? Where was that little girls parents? maybe if they were watching their kid that would not have happened. Maybe this so called pedestrian was drunk and stupid and just was wandering around and the driver was the neatest thing since crunchy peanut butter behind the wheel and just did not see him? "What if it" to the end but we don't have the facts so lets just wait and see.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. lonelyswmtrucker

lonelyswmtrucker Medium Load Member

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    i agree with some of what u said but the little girl's parents were right there with her, she had broken away from her dad's hand & ran into the driving lane to pick up something off the ground (i think her parents said it was a dollar bill); driver came around corner & bam tooo late; unfortunately i got to see it happen.

media didn't say the pedestrian was drunk & stupid, nor wandering around. i agree on waiting for all the facts to be disclosed but however it doesn't excuse his driving the way he did in a parking lot.

if this happened to me, i wouldn't expect nothing less than what i had coming & i would admit to my fault.

if this were ur relative (wife, child, cousin, mom/dad, sibling, etc) u would want answers, & want the driver to pay for what he did; i'm not judging u i'm just merely saying

the media isn't showing alot of stuff right now & am willing to bet that will be the end of what is said about it in the media

TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  4. tirednaz

tirednaz Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Arizona
    A Sallisaw, Okla., man was killed Tuesday morning after being struck by a tractor-trailer at a truck stop off Interstate 20 in Odessa.
    Ralph Wayne Cardwell, 67, was pronounced dead in the parking lot of Love's Truck Stop, 1901 W. Interstate 20.
    According to an Odessa Police Department news release, Cardwell was walking in the parking lot just east of the gas pumps when a Lawrenceville, Va., man identified as Kevin Christian Rozema, 29, struck Cardwell as Rozema was traveling toward the gas pumps.
    Rozema did not see Cardwell, according to the news release.
    The investigation is still ongoing, the news release stated, and there are no citations or charges yet.

Again we know nothing. No mention of speeding, driver drunk, pedestrian drunk absolutely nothing but a man is dead and a driver is more than likely beside himself with grief. All I'm saying is don't be like the media and condemn the man before he's had his day in court.

not4hire, bullhaulerswife and hhmag70 Thank this.
  5. ShootThis

ShootThis Medium Load Member

Truck Stops in this area(Odessa,Midland,Stanton and Big Spring) have become even worse with the amount of oil field traffic running 24/7.Accidents involving them have become a daily problem and multi-vehicle pileups are now weekly like we had yesterday.

lonelyswmtrucker Thanks this.
  6. lonelyswmtrucker

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    i agree with u on this, i think i said something similar to what u said just above lol

bullhaulerswife and tirednaz Thank this.
  7. lonelyswmtrucker

Sep 14, 2011
    down the bayou
    personally, i wish there was a cop in every truckstop, rest area, parking lot, etc that would monitor speed in the lots & actually write tickets to the drivers (goes on ur driving record & double fines, etc; just like a construction zone) for driving way to aggressive and or erratic in these areas; there's no sense to driving fast in a parking lot

Red Hot Mess and ShootThis Thank this.
  8. ShootThis

ShootThis Medium Load Member

You would be amazed how many are busted for not having a CDL while driving in the area.They just do not have enough Leo's to handle the amount of workers coming in.

Red Hot Mess and lonelyswmtrucker Thank this.
  9. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    People really need to pull their heads out of their rectums in truck stops. I know we've all seen these idiots in truck stops on a regular basis. Likewise, people walking through lots need to generally show more awareness of their surroundings, as well. I don't know exactly how things transpired here, but I don't need to in order to know it was avoidable.

lonelyswmtrucker and TRKRSHONEY Thank this.
  10. RAGE 18

RAGE 18 Road Train Member

Jan 31, 2011
    GOLD£N☆STAT£
    dang thats a fd up way to go for real i seen alot of drivers walking thru the parking lots not paying any attention of their surroundings but the guy driving the truck has the responsability to spot walkers. I dont think this is the end to this case at all. Maybe he was driving a Pete with no air on the seat tryin to look real cool i dont know. But really everybody please slow down in the lots. May God have that driver in heaven RIP.

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  11. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    TRKRSHONEY Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.