Drivers solutions and usa trucking

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by triguy22, Oct 8, 2007.

1. triguy22

triguy22 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Midlothian Illinios
    Hello I am new to the trucking industry and have applied and at drivers solutions. They called me back and stated that USA trucking would put me through school. I need to Know how reputable drivers solution is and how is USA. I have been readding both good and bad on USA. Also drivers solution would be the one out of St. Louis. Would be starting on Monday the 15th of October. Thanks for any help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Enigma

Enigma Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Memphis, Tn.
    I think that most of the reviews on these "start up" companies are going to be bad. You have to start somewhere though. I'm supposed to start training on the 15th for USA too, but I'm will be going to Little Rock.

4. triguy22

triguy22 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Midlothian Illinios
    Thats seems to be the norm. Like you said we have to start somewhere.:biggrin_25525:

5. triguy22

triguy22 Bobtail Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Midlothian Illinios
    Thank you for the info. Decided to pay for school myself and not feel obligated to any company for a year or more. Hope it opens more doors for me.

6. skyline

skyline Bobtail Member

Dec 6, 2007
    scottsboro alabama
    it is best if possible to pay upfront at the school. it will cost 1400.00 for the school and another 300.00 for board. you will not be obligated to stay with a certain company or forfiet 5000.00 dollars. I wish now I had done this. I drove for usa one month and then left.they used me for a team driver in training, after being in the truck for only two hours on my first day of training my trainer went into the sleeper and didn't come out untill we were two states and 500 miles away. the next morning I drove thru dallas tx during rush hour traffic while my trainer still slept. this went on thru my whole training. I was averaging 3400 miles a week for 350.00 a week while my trainer slept and got paid .42cents per mile for all my miles too.

7. scurvydog

scurvydog Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    My experience with USA was most undesirable, but its definitely doable. A good friend of mine whom I met at drivers solutions is just finishing up his year at USA. I only stayed for 4 months. They are cheap and like to take advantage of new drivers. And at some point in time they will take advantage of you. Just have to stand up for yourself. Its very important to have a good relationship with your fleet manager. Have an understanding with him/her and your year will be bearable. Good luck in school and make sure you KNOW your pre-trip inspection. Alot of folks get hit on the break check, so study! Everything else will come.

8. cjoe85

cjoe85 Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I applied ar Driver Solutions and it looks like I'll be going with USA Truck. I should be starting my training on December 17th. I'm hoping for the best.

9. scurvydog

scurvydog Light Load Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Northwest Indiana
    are you going to Ft Wayne?

10. IUfanforever

IUfanforever Light Load Member

May 31, 2007
    I know people who have gone through Driver Solutions in Indianapolis and St. Louis. They also have some other schools I think in Arkansas, Texas and Fort Wayne IN.

My cousin works for a division of PAM (Decker) and I know others who work for PAM. My cousin graduated for the Indy camps and loved it. The training was really good and he graduated in 3 weeks. They paid for his physical and gave him some cash while he was in school. PAM was paying for his schooling. He could have also gone with USA but picked PAM because they could get him to the East Coast more often.

I live in Indiana and drive past their school in Indianapolis fairly often. It’s always busy and seems to have 20-30 trucks. The building looks brand new, but I know they’ve been in Indianapolis for a long time.

USA and PAM both hire a lot of entry level people, so you gotta go into it with realistic expectations. Work hard, get your year in…then move on if you want to. Based on the people I know who have done it, it was a pretty good way to get your foot in the door.

11. skullitor

skullitor Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2005
    New England
    I see USA Truck a lot up in the northeast.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.