Drivers solutions and usa trucking

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by triguy22, Oct 8, 2007.

1. truckingirl3603

truckingirl3603 Bobtail Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN
    I went through Driver Solutions' training program out of Indy and I was pretty darn happy with everything I got there. The training was good, instructors worked well with me and I did get money while I was in school there to help with food money and what not. The building is brand new since they had a tornado in 06 that destroyed the old place. The trucks aren't bad they aren't new but I wouldn't expect brand new stuff on a bunch of students!!!
    I drive now for USA and I can't complain. I have a good relationship with my dispatcher and they try to get me home every 10 days (most times it works but not always). I haven't had a problem and I'd reccommend them if you're first starting out.

venne Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pur48Ted

Pur48Ted Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2006
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Drivers Solutions isn't a "Start-Up" Company. They have been around a LONG time, I USED to work for Drivers Solutions back in 1992 when I drove truck for Equity in Walker Michigan.

4. Enigma

Enigma Bobtail Member

Aug 26, 2006
    Memphis, Tn.

When I said start up I didn't mean Drivers Solutions. I meant the companies that they recruit for and other companies that hire drivers with no experience.

5. cjoe85

cjoe85 Light Load Member

Nov 2, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    I was supposed to start training on the Dec. 17th but I had to postpone it til January. I hope to start real soon.

6. Blues_Dad

Blues_Dad Bobtail Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Grand Rapids, MI
    your trainer's name wasnt johnny by any chance was it? cause if it was, i trained with him also

7. DannyB

DannyB Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Jackson Mi
    Whew, thanks for the post.
    I am starting school at the Ft. Wayne facility next week, and have recieved an offer from USA Truck, which I have orally accepted.
    After reading more than a few bad stories about this path, it's nice to see at least one positive post.
    Paying my own way just isn't an option and I've got to start somewhere and Ft. Wayne is within commuting distance for me.

8. terrym249

terrym249 Bobtail Member

I'm scheduled for C1 in Ft. Wayne on April 21st...going with PAM...will probably see you there.

9. DannyB

DannyB Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Jackson Mi
    Hi terrym,
    Looking forward to seeing you there, at least one person there will be older than me, :biggrin_25519:
    Since my last post I found out I also have an offer from PAM, I have till the 17th to make a decision. After spending hours all over this board, it looks like it's six of one or half a dozen of the other.
    Not sure I like the idea of the autoshifter in the PAM fleet so I'll probably stick with USA.
    Looks like most of the advice is to pay your own way and not be locked into a company, but as we'll be living off of what's left of cashing out my 401k, there's no way I can afford that time span.
    Look me up Monday, I'll be the guy with the hole in his head ;)

10. DannyB

DannyB Light Load Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Jackson Mi
    Hi there CJoe,
    I followed your adventures elswhere on this board. Hope things are going better for you.
    Might I ask your opinion on something?
    I live about forty miles west of Ft. Wayne In. and was wondering how that location would affect possible hometime. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

11. terrym249

terrym249 Bobtail Member

Older...not necessarily wiser....LOL...I'll bring my glasses so I'll be sure and see it...is it a big hole or a little hole? :biggrin_25519:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.