Driving during a Solar Eclipse

Discussion in 'Road Stories' started by cuzzin it, Apr 2, 2024.

1. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    I am quite likely to be driving in ohio monday afternoon, during the solar eclipse....
    I wonder what behavior i will se on the road when this happens. Perhaps people who might come to a complete stop in lane, not see where they are going because they look up and jerk the wheel, etc.
    I also wonder where people might pull over and stand..... how many instances of Darwinism might i see or worse experience ?

Numb Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I think you're overthinking this a little bit. Do you remember the last one? It's basically just like dusk and dawn, just happens slightly faster.

We were sitting in a parking lot during the last one right up against patch of woods. The weirdest thing was that all the crickets and bugs get confused and start making noise like they do it dusk. That was weird.

cuzzin it Thanks this.
  4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I know the eclipse has a lot of interest. People paying crazy prices for hotel rooms etc. I probably will be working, but even if not, even in the better viewing areas, the time of total eclipse will be around 5 minute. Where I live 1 min 20 seconds is predicted. And then those several hundred thousand of predicted viewers from elsewhere will be hitting the road at the same time. Going to be interesting.

cuzzin it and 86scotty Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.