Driving in sock feet

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Rat Fink, May 3, 2009.

1. universal10

universal10 Light Load Member

Dec 5, 2009
    winnipeg
    i wear shoes as well, but not the lace up kind. Just have a nice pair of slip on shoes and take em off as soon as you turn your body to climb in the middle or back.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    Pantyhose?:biggrin_2559:

4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Depends on my mood and how far I happen to be going. If I'm going 300 miles or less I'll just keep my boots on and drive it because I know I have to jump out do things like check in, open the doors, unhook the trailer or whatever. If it's like 2000 miles I will drive in socks because I know I can go for hours and hours before needing to pull over for tire checks and bathroom breaks.

5. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    I drive in socks all year except for the winter. Then it's constantly cold and wet outside. And muddy depending if the area is paved or a dirt lot.

6. Krooser

Krooser Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I usually kick off the shoes on any run... just more comfortable.

7. kenworthw900

kenworthw900 Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Washington
    I have those romeo georgia boots and they just slip on they are super comfortable i plan on using those when i start driving

8. Gitty

Gitty Medium Load Member

Jul 16, 2009
    in my truck
    Flip flops, I take off and push them to the side. I can put them back on quick if i need to.

9. Pumpkin Oval Head

Pumpkin Oval Head Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Scranton PA
    American States

Alabama:
    Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted. Exception: motorcycle rider.
    Ohio:
    Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted but not recommended.
    California:
    Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is not prohibited. Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware,Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming:
    Barefoot Driving: Operation of a motor vehicle by a driver with bare feet is permitted

10. groundpounder

groundpounder Road Train Member

Nov 13, 2009
    summer time flip flops or barefoot....winter time hiking boots or snow boots depending on the weather..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.