DSW aka Digby Southwest (Good or Bad?)

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by GypsyWanderlust, Nov 6, 2018.

1. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    You're thinking of Eagle .(Werner fleet)

This person is asking about dsw (swift fleet)and my advice is to stay away from them . I deal with them everyday.

Sadly there isn't much going on in Tucson, but after Amazon opens I hope we get more options !

There is a good gig here that's kind of kept secret though and not advertised ; You run from Tucson to Salome hauling retail freight ,mostly drop and hook with the ocassional store delivery and then come right back home in a daycab . $1200-$1500 per week.

Check your personal messages inbox

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. coueshunter

coueshunter Heavy Load Member

Nov 23, 2014
    Yes, abdolutely

TB John Thanks this.
  4. Flatbedotr

Flatbedotr Light Load Member

Nov 26, 2018
    Curious what that job is then. Coulda gone dsw but went to bad carrier unbeknownst to me. Looking for better now and just north of you guys in phoenix.

5. GypsyWanderlust

GypsyWanderlust Medium Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    There should be a few options if you live in Phoenix. Are you just starting out? DSW has a terminal there but I’ve not heard anything good or bad from anyone that actually drives for them. I wasn’t very keen on the forced per diem. I see that as a red flag. I did get a text offering a 3k bonus to go there so I’m sure they are still hiring. For what it’s worth they all seemed very nice.

6. Flatbedotr

Nov 26, 2018
    Talking about what gpf said about unadvertised job that is daycab. For me it’s cfi dht or Melton.

7. GypsyWanderlust

GypsyWanderlust Medium Load Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Melton at least used to be on the list for driver facing cameras. Write a list of questions to ask each one. If it feels off or you don’t like an answer, like driver facing camera, then keep looking.

8. Flatbedotr

Nov 26, 2018
    Got like 20 questions trying not to make same mistake with this ####e outfit called western express. Yes needed recent exp but this place is terribad. Per another western drioas of 4 months they do. But circus maybe best flatbed company has in and out camera so no big deal to me.

9. Apace1211

Apace1211 Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2018

10. Apace1211

Apace1211 Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2018
    What place is that? The kept secret place

11. Apace1211

Apace1211 Bobtail Member

Aug 16, 2018
    What opportunity are u referring? I live in tucson and need to get back to trucking. Last worked locally through dsw

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.