Eagle Logistics Services. Indianapolis, IN

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by TruckerPete24, Feb 27, 2015.

1. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Wow ... I had 30 day bumper to bumper, no questions asked, mechanic of my choosing and no payments for 4 weeks. Truck had dyno and DOT before I went to pick it up.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rmacjr

rmacjr Medium Load Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Yeah, every lease deal is different, but that is how it was at Eagle, and yes, they too had 30 day for most repairs, and a 17 day grace period before your first payment.

Now, if you live in or near Indy, they have started up a local gig pulling Amazon loads, and they pay well from what I hear.

4. Petty Cash

Petty Cash Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I've skimmed through this thread digging for info and most of what I've been looking for I've found. I have, however, seen a number of references to brokers no longer loading Eagle trucks due to bad service. Does anyone have a list of brokers that are no longer loading Eagle trucks?

5. rmacjr

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    If you are an Eagle driver, get the updated list from your DM, and yes it is sad that they lost some good opportunities due to drivers being drivers and not being good businessmen servicing the customer.

Petty Cash Thanks this.
  6. Petty Cash

Petty Cash Light Load Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    I'm not with Eagle yet. I've spoke to recruiting, but of course they only tell me what I want to hear, claiming I can take home $800-1200/week running 2200-2400 miles on average.

The draw for me though is the $0 down walk away lease, minimizing my headaches and risks, along with the ability to dispatch myself, leaving my success (or failure) in my own hands. If they're losing brokers, especially better ones, it'll significantly reduce the chance of success.

7. roadhammer123

roadhammer123 Medium Load Member

Nov 16, 2010
    Springfield, Ma. area
    I bet they are not loading trucks they are leaseing trucks to guys with 1 yr exp, of driving and 0% exp owning there own business never in the trucking industry . huge company lots of new drivers = lots of leases and money being paid on a truck flip side very bad service to the customer = bad reputation for guys that operate well and know how to be profitable

8. Virginia Hillbilly

Virginia Hillbilly Bobtail Member

Feb 25, 2014
    NC
    I've read through some of these posts about Eagle. From what I can piece together if you chose say flat bed you lease both the truck and trailer and run your lanes? Is this correct? What accounts if any do they have? Or is it just brokers who have flat bed loads you can chose from?

9. rmacjr

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    One account that they have is with Toyota forklifts, very good to the flatbed guys, very profitable.

Virginia Hillbilly Thanks this.
  10. Roadrunner1981

Roadrunner1981 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Good luck to you both. They are going under quick. Celadon is buying them out because they can't get their investment back from them due to triple the turnover rate and low retentions.

11. rmacjr

Feb 12, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    TruckerPete hasn't worked there since last year. So Celadon is planning on buying them out, I heard rumors to that effect when I was there. The turn over is super high so is the abandonment issue.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.