ELD HOS violation

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by deathB4decaf, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Wait are you talking commercial class 8 or other stuff? Don't you have a truck tow multi vehicles?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. deathB4decaf

deathB4decaf Medium Load Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Everything depends on what vehicles we purchase. We buy vehicles all over the US and then sell them.

4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Torture the driver with decaf coffee for 10 days.... lol

deathB4decaf and Oldironfan Thank this.
  5. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
    How often does it happen? There have been 3 times since Dec 18 when I have gone over hours to get home on a Friday night. It has nothing to do with our office or poor planning, sometime things happen. We’re unloading and loading every day and for the most part our weeks are planned when we leave out. Something could happen today that would mean I don’t get home in time Friday night. I’m thankful that I work for someone who is understanding and doesn’t flip out when we’re just coming home.

Bean Jr. and Oldironfan Thank this.
  6. BrandonCDLdriver

BrandonCDLdriver Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Not true. The new rules allow personal conveyance under certain circumstances, laden or not.

However, you cannot advance the trailer laden. That is unchanged. Where you are going cannot be beneficial to the motor carrier.

Personal Conveyance

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    James122 and Oldironfan Thank this.
  7. deathB4decaf

Jan 10, 2018
    BLASPHEMY!

Bean Jr. and Bank_Lbr Thank this.
  8. deathB4decaf

Jan 10, 2018
    First time since I've taken over.

When I first started we were using a 3rd party to audit the driver logs and all the time there were violations. I started researching it hoping that I could tell HIM what the violations were. Once they gave me full control, it stopped. This is the rarest of rare occurrences.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  9. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    In my opinion most of the responses are overreactions for what happened. If he was 5-6 hours away that’s one thing, but he wasn’t. If it happens every trip then put a stop to it, but if it’s a rare occurrence then I’d just say to try his best to keep it from happening.

The owner of the company I work for still drives and when we switched to eld’s he said he’s not sleeping in his truck an hour from home so he doesn’t expect us to.

Bean Jr. and Oldironfan Thank this.
  10. deathB4decaf

Jan 10, 2018
    @Long FLD , I cannot just let it slide because in an audit that shows against us too. Him and I spoke yesterday and he said next time he will either grab a hotel or call me for a ride. (Which I offered.)

11. Long FLD

Mar 4, 2015
    At least you’ll go pick him up. I wouldn’t work for anyone that wants me to be in the truck or at a hotel an hour from my house.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.