Electronic tracking has been required on semi-trucks for 5 years. Fatalities haven't decreased.

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by SteveScott, Feb 5, 2023.

1. The Railsplitter

The Railsplitter Medium Load Member

Jan 23, 2023
    "BFE... and lovin' it!"
    No more paper logs? Guess I'm behind the times, lol... :confused:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015
  4. Munch75

Munch75 Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2021
    On top of ELD...... you would think this would also get them to understand the 4 wheeler problems. Less 4 wheelers on the road at that time. Not unsurprising that numbers went down.

D.Tibbitt and Rideandrepair Thank this.
  5. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    And no mention of the real reason drivers are always in a rush...I am talking about the 13 1/2 hour rule(it was a 14 hour rule, but being forced to take a 30 minute break cuts it to 13 1/2).

And the 2020 part of the pandemic didn't limit truck drivers from doing their job, it cut down on the amount of 4-wheelers on the road...which according to statistics are more often at fault in crashes with big trucks than the big trucks are.

6. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    They should drive around in rigs and see all the stupid on the freeways.

My community has one of the highest accidents in the state. Maybe even the nation. So far I've only seen one cement truck involved.

Drive up and down the freeway all day. All them accidents every day. Very rarely is a semi involved.

Accidents will go up. This isn't China. Our population is growing.

7. Long FLD

Long FLD Road Train Member

Mar 4, 2015

Just saw this today for the state of North Carolina.

D.Tibbitt, Numb, Munch75 and 3 others Thank this.
  8. FearTheCorn

FearTheCorn Medium Load Member

Jan 6, 2019
    Omaha
    What DOT can't fix, and why crashes don't decrease, is the increase in retarded drivers. And when I say retarded drivers, I really do mean that some of these new drivers are sincerely mentally damaged. Cancel me. I don't care. It's becoming a problem and I am going to say it.

9. The Railsplitter

The Railsplitter Medium Load Member

Jan 23, 2023
    "BFE... and lovin' it!"
    But is it a triple-digit truck? ;)

Boy, reading this thread about all the tracking & ELD BS nowadays is a wake-up call for me... all that tracking would be a big turn-off, I reckon today's drivers will have to figure out ways to work around it, or the best ways to deal with it. Guess I lucked out in the era of paper logs... :rolleyes:

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Point it straight, mash the gas and go as fast as possible, only stopping when absolutely necessary, no time to stretch, get some walking exercise. Only bathroom breaks, involving a bottle in the Truck. No time to lose. Have to stay on track, in case of a delay, and running out of hours. In which case your planning skills will be questioned. Sounds more like Slavery compared to how it used to be. No different than a factory assembly worker that has to make quotas. No wonder the only people that want to drive Trucks are in it for the money only. It’s only good in comparison to the worst jobs available these days. Elogs make Trucking more stressful, dangerous and are bad for Drivers health. Adding an extra hour driving, while taking away an hour of total time is a double whammy on a Driver. The message is clear. Get up, get busy, do you’re job, don’t waste a minute of time, then park it, preferably out of site, so we don’t have to see or deal with your big ### Truck anymore than absolutely necessary. I still run at night whenever possible. The amount of Trucks parked on ramps in and out of rest areas, entrance and exit ramps makes night Driving better, with less traffic. That only means one thing, more Truck traffic during the day, running with more cars. Causing more daytime traffic, and more accidents mainly caused by cars.

Swine hauler, D.Tibbitt and Oxbow Thank this.
  11. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Imagine a Driver facing camera. I can’t believe anyone would allow such a thing. What’s next? There’s so many Truckdrivers. Too bad they’re being bullied by such a few so called Self appointed Experts that are clueless to the reality of everyday Trucking. It’s literally been taken over by others who see the Driver as a total idiot that needs constant guidance, control, and Discipline if needed. Carrying all the responsibilities, yet treated like a child.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2023
    LtlAnonymous and The Railsplitter Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.