Ever problems with opposite sex trainers?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by GrandmaRosa, Feb 22, 2020.

1. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    Im a dude and this was my trainer , I thoroughly loved being in her truck. Screenshot_20200223-174603.png

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Transit_lifer

Transit_lifer Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Hemet, CA
    :biggrin_25514::biggrin_2559:

RoadRooster Thanks this.
  4. GrandmaRosa

GrandmaRosa Light Load Member

Feb 8, 2020
    I hope she didn't wear that bathing suit in the truck with you. You would have a difficult time keeping your eyes on the road I imagine.

5. Transit_lifer

Transit_lifer Light Load Member

Feb 23, 2020
    Hemet, CA
    I went through 4 trainers....all guys. 1 pissed me off royally, 2nd one I cant remember, 3rd one the truck was hit in the side fairing next to the fuel tank and had to be repaired, so we got a rental car to go down to Sacramento for another truck. I-5 was closed so he wanted to sleep in the rental car....NOPE, company got me a hotel room for 3 nights and hubby picked me up. 4th one I finished with in St. Louis and took a Greydog back.....at least the last one knew what he was doing as a trainer and had knowledge. So yeah, it took me awhile to get past my 28 days in training. LOL.

FerrissWheel and GrandmaRosa Thank this.
  6. FozzyNOK

FozzyNOK Road Train Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Oklahomistan
    The other thing I never got to in my "novel" was the student's themselves. I don't say that this is or will be you. But the fact is that these days and for quite a long time. Self-evaluation and self-responsibility are old fashioned concepts. Humans have now decided that there is no such a thing as them failing, its always the "thems" out there... I have known some darned good trainers who have had student drivers bail on them and blame them for all of their failures.. It is far too easy to quit and build a huge story on why it was never your fault.. We had some dude who quit and was going to sue the school I worked for because he didn't like the breakfasts that the hotel... Trucking isn't for everyone.. but sheesh.. To me people who decide to give up and say "this sucks".. are way more honest and decent that those who have decided to hide behind lies.

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Alot of membership does not put much value on me other than entertainment. Thats ok, My list is equally as big. Not necessarily for any particular problem but to prevent further problems that sometimes wear the moderators down a little bit. We are not here to go over my list, a few hundred out of 200,000 who visit TTR regularly is not anyone's big deal. It happens.

Next time I'll be wide open about female products and less diplomatic as I was in the orignal post that was not understood. When people spend enough time either as a mixed sex team, husband wife team as we have or a intersex team there are products that will find to be absolutely basic to being in good condition as being able to keep up the situation vs hygene, cleaning and removal of those kinds of wastes which is part of living.

And that is all I am for this topic in particular and this thread in general. We are finished with it without disrespect or hard feelings in anyway. As a side note we have plenty of Female truckers who are very familiar about what it takes to carry products designed for that purpose into trucking. Just like the men carry shaving sets make up of a good razer and so forth.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  8. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I accept that. And I will temper that outburst so it does not come out that bad again. However...

I feel you have been equally tainted by the occasional strong feelings towards me as well from time to time as evidenced by your second post that not only corrects and teaches about those who do not know how to use the ignore, and that the interaction is not reached a level of a problem and so on. However when you or someone chooses to take a sort of a swipe in low places with thoughts that are hurtful in the manner that "Implies most of the membership has me on ignore"

Im over it. No problems all around. I would be remiss if I did let this form of Heresay go through. No one here truly knows the extent of each member's ignore list. And yes it is known by many that I am not always a accepted part of this community, however there is usually a spot for me somewhere to try and make myself useful.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2020
  9. dunchues

dunchues Medium Load Member

Mar 23, 2012
    new brunswick
    Good point that, I'd never really thought about it from the trainers angle but there must be just as many horror stories from the other side.

Any trainers got a story to rival the Werner trainees one?

x1Heavy and FerrissWheel Thank this.
  10. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    Other than the previously mentioned Roid Rager and the guy who thought he spoke English (kicked him off on the grounds he could not go down Grades safely) he hit the fuel going Down Parleys fully loaded we hit 85 before i got him to slow it down,,,, not particularly that extreme.

And on hilarious note the time they sent me the "beauty queen" to train on flatbed. Which ive seen stranger things, but yeah she lasted precisely till her first pick up before she decided she would go to Van Division instead. Which is in sharp contrast to the other females that i trained. They were less particular than some of the men.

But ive seen men in thier mid 50s one in thier mid 60s break down and cry because they were bad at shifting. Meanwhile im trying to keep them on task and focused and calm.

Oh well, no more, the 680 is an auto.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  11. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Stories I have.

Werner is in a class all their own.

my typing is atrocious this morning. I will resolve it with a suzy google rube voice dictate or a rest on the old iron shaky hands.

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.