Every camera company is a bad company.

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Shackdaddy, Dec 24, 2021.

1. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    I've seen these cameras see a speed limit sign that is on a service road right near the interstate and it records that speed limit n not even the one the actual driver was on, like the service Rd being 45 mph and the interstate being 70 mph.... So take your cameras n shuuvve them where the sun don't shine

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    Once again, that's where common sense prevails. They record the incident *and* video footage for "coaching." If your safety department doesn't take one look at the video clip to see the service road vs interstate conundrum and hit "delete," they are worthless.

like clay… +++, Lonesome and Munch75 Thank this.
  4. Grouch

Grouch Road Train Member

Feb 3, 2009
    Between here and eternity
    I have had "Collision Warning" because the camera picked up an overpass that I was about to go under. Also I got "dinged" for following too close because some idiot for BigM almost took my front bumper off when he passed me and just came right back over inches away from me.

like clay… +++, mjd4277 and MACK E-6 Thank this.
  5. Munch75

Munch75 Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2021
    Agree, but unfortunately in this microwave everything insta something world we live in. Most "supervisors" don't bother. They see a video pop up. Briefly at all glance at it while their on the phone with baby momma or daddy and move it on down the line to whoever does the reprimanding. Instead of actually looking at the footage, or the circumstances and using the 3 brain cells they have left after hours of tiktok consumption to comprehend what would have triggered the camera- WHICH by the way only operates off of predetermined perameters. It has no logic system. The If- Then is only hard data. Not adaptable.

6. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Unpossible!!

We are told incessantly that nobody watches those cameras.

:rolleyes:

7. free spirited1

free spirited1 Heavy Load Member

Mar 18, 2012
    USA
    Well he fired so bye bye

JolliRoger Thanks this.
  8. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    If your drivers are so happy and you treat them so well and they stay until retirement, why do you have an almost constant Help Wanted ad in the classified section?
    You must be having some amount of turnover or you wouldn't be chasing applicants.

9. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Yeah!! ^^what he said^^

JolliRoger Thanks this.
  10. DRTDEVL

DRTDEVL Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Austin, MN
    You mean the ad that I update every 6 months or so? Like most, our fleet's drivers are aging (average age here is 67). I'm closing in on 50, and I am one of the youngest guys running around here aside from the shop helpers. People retire, get sick, pass away. The most common reasons people leave here are, in order: Illness (self or family), retirement, termination (usually safety-related), take a local position in their home town, and sadly, death. Of those, the terminations are mostly new-hires that think they can be cowboys in our trucks, diving to the inside lane from the on-ramp for no reason, speeding unnecessarily, or driving recklessly in construction zones.

We did have a guy quit last year after only 6 days... couldn't handle going from an unlimited truck to one with a limiter. We had one leave to try out tanker. We had a gal leave when she got the "Ed Rooney" call about her son leading her down the primrose path (skipping school while she was gone, she'll be back once he graduates).

Out of 10 applications, I reject 9 of them. The pickin's are slim out there, that's why the "almost constant Help Wanted ad" is on here. I have hired a grand total of 3 from that ad over the course of 2 years... two of them are still with us today, one left to care for his wife when she was diagnosed with stage IV cancer. We won't hire just anyone.

11. kidz bop

kidz bop Medium Load Member

Oct 5, 2017
    how big is the company? what type of hauling do?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.