Excessive wait times at shippers/receivers

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by timidlady, Feb 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timidlady

timidlady Light Load Member

Sep 25, 2018
    Yesterday i wrote my congressman about addressing excessive wait times or at least better layover pay for waiting. I had a load assigned Saturday night. A drop and hook. I went there and it wasn't ready. Their office wasn't open for my company to connect with. Sunday I was removed from the load and given a new drop and hook at a different company. Same thing. I showed up. Load wasn't ready. It's being loaded this morning. I had to retreat to a truck stop to wait again. So these two mega corporation stole my fuel efficiency bonus of a couple hundred dollars plus stealing my valuable work time. This happens to be near my home, in my voting district. Normally I'm OTR and maybe SOL. But im happy to send a message as a donating voting Republican about why Michigan companies are stealing money away from Michigan by lowering my pay as a Michigan resident. Darn cannibals. seriously. IM HOME YOU CRAZY FOOLS. TAKE CARE OF YOUR OWN. In my hometown we struggle with very low unemployment rates. Fun if you're looking for a job. Not fun if you have jobs no one likes. We even lost a few fast food restaurants because no employees. 2 burger kings. Steak n Shake. Dennys. Golden Corral. No one will do certain jobs. Probably meat packing is one. Probably they will keep struggling to make those appts in west Michigan. But they can learn to schedule MY time better.

Cabinover101 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Last thing we need is the government getting any more involved then they already are. I think you just enjoy finding things to complain about.

4. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    always a good idea to contact your elected officials, if you did indeed vote them into office. to let them know how you feel. just do not expect anything to be done, on your only voice. it takes masses of voters to get something done, especially for our industry. in other words, you have an issue with waiting, big deal.

where as the general public has a problem with the trucking industry. so the elected representatives will listen to the BIGGEST group, rather than the ONE individual.

but there is no harm, to contact your elected officials, just do not expect anything to be done on your one voice.

crap happens, this has happened to everyone on this site, at one time or another, and we hated it, but it happens. you are not special. this problem happened no matter your age, gender, sexual preference, color, race or religion. MAYBE you were removed for that particular load, cuz when it'll be finally ready, there is a driver that needs to get home.???

it doesn't matter where it happened. it could have happened 3,000 miles away from your home, who cares?
    you live with it, and move on. they did not steal your bonuses. maybe the customer could not get all the materials they needed from another source they do business with and as a result, there was a delay in the final process. YOU DO NOT KNOW all the details.

again, local, regional, OTR, if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen, crap just happens.

you are no more important than anyone else, you are being way too self centered

"struggle with LOW UNEMPLOYMENT"..??
    then i'd say that nearly everyone that WANTS A JOB, HAS A JOB..???
    if there are jobs that no one wants, then those people have no right to complain, as jobs ARE AVAILABLE. it's WORK, it's a PAYCHECK...PERIOD

losing places is normal, thru what ever reasons each corporation finds necessary to move out of an are or close down.

in the end, you seem to be as i said, very self centered and gripe more than the average driver out there., i think you chose to get into a profession that frankly, you have no business to be in.

but i also highly suspect, you will carry on, your gripes from a much longer time yet.

you know, sooner or later, no one will respond to you, and i'm sure, you'll gripe about that too.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    Reason for edit: added content spelling
  5. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Find a different job, the last thing this industry needs is more government involvement.

6. JonJon78

JonJon78 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2018
    How is this stealing your fuel efficiency bonus? Sounds like this is something between you and your company...

You should still be paid for attempting to get both loads even though neither was ready.

7. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    Why is your company sending you to pick up loads they haven't verified are ready? Seems you're putting the blame in the wrong place.

8. mud23609

mud23609 Medium Load Member

Mar 9, 2015
    I think you ought to go pull a reefer for a while. Especially for a company that doesn’t do a lot of drop and hooks. Then maybe you will have a legit gripe when it comes to detention times. My record so far is 33 hours.

Michael H, ACO476, Dino soar and 3 others Thank this.
  9. Dave1837

Dave1837 Road Train Member

Nov 16, 2019
    Pennsylvania
    News flash, your government doesn't care and will not help you.

10. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    Another brain dead truck driver that thinks the government is the answer. Do us a favor and get out of the industry.

11. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Now hold on, this gal( if it's really a gal) has chutzbah. We could use about 10,000 more drivers like this, maybe these roundheads in Washington would take notice. Most the old time rabble rousers are pushing daisies. You wouldn't get this crap past Sonny Pruitt!. Sadly, it's "David v Goliath" in these situations, her note went right in the trash. You have legitimate gripes, but you are picking on things that are the standard of the industry. Waiting time should be addressed after a certain amount of time, it was 2 hours for most, but it's the nature of this business, and you alone don't have a prayer. I understand your frustration, for many it's the only game in town, however, if that's really the case, and want to stay in trucking, you simply must relocate to a place where there are good jobs. Colorado is one of those places. I've turned down several , BY THE HOUR jobs, all paying $25+/hr. for local work. You aren't the 1st to complain about the in's and out's of trucking, but there are plenty of trucking jobs and most accept it's just the way it is. If you're unhappy, by all means, find another. Maybe a trucking job where there is no waiting, tanker, line-haul, dump all load( or unload) and go.

truckdriver31 and Swine hauler Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.